Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: pre match karaoke  (Read 9473 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 21:06:47 »

Maybe Jamie Cullum and Billie Piper are going to start doing pre-match entertainment in there....

That'd be swell..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 21:10:08 »

Given the piano maybe Gilbert O Sullivan is making a comeback
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 21:10:58 »

Maybe he's coming back to 'Get Down'?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 21:12:15 »

Must have been Kempsters as Terry Warners was a sports shop just down the road.
Either way ,it was shit.
Still got the same tannoy.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 21:18:16 »

Either way ,it was shit.
Still got the same tannoy.
Don't know I sit in the DRS so fuck knows if there is a tannoy or whether its the same one
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 21:31:52 »

We need to get rid of that fucking Rocking Robin haka, cringeworthy stuff.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 22:16:20 »

I told Steve Murrall the other week that they are killing the atmosphere with the crap music being played - perhaps if a few more e-mailed him and told him the same he would listen!

Agreed, whats the email for those of us that are a bit lazy?
deltaincline

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 23:52:06 »

This subject keeps getting mentioned. Fuck-all ever happens.

Watkins was our best chance for changing things. I think it was he who dumped the outrageously 'local' OOOArrrr wanker on the mic a few years ago though, so fair play to him.

Conversely, he allowed the cunty, outdated fucking skiffle music to continually blare out, rocking fucking robin's hakka and those horrific, pre-pubescent / chunky / lardy kids in leotards and pom poms to prance around the pitch - so he fucking failed.

It's not difficult to stick some up-to-date music on, or to stage some half time entertainment, so here's a suggestion for free:

Maybe the club could do a deal with somewhere like Foxies - a dozen fit / professional dancers on the pitch before the match and again at half-time would soon become legendary throughout the league - with both sets of fans.

It would generate untold publicity for the club and would give Foxies loads of free publicity as well, which is a win-win situation (as Glenn would say) on both sides.

It aint fucking difficult.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 23:54:59 by deltaincline » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 23:59:18 »

This subject keeps getting mentioned. Fuck-all ever happens.

Watkins was our best chance for changing things. I think it was he who dumped the outrageously 'local' OOOArrrr wanker on the mic a few years ago though, so fair play to him.

Conversely, he allowed the cunty, outdated fucking skiffle music to continually blare out, rocking fucking robin's hakka and those horrific, pre-pubescent / chunky / lardy kids in leotards and pom poms to prance around the pitch - so he fucking failed.

It's not difficult to stick some up-to-date music on, or to stage some half time entertainment, so here's a suggestion for free:

Maybe the club could do a deal with somewhere like Foxies - a dozen fit / professional dancers on the pitch before the match and again at half-time would soon become legendary throughout the league - with both sets of fans.

It would generate untold publicity for the club and would give Foxies loads of free publicity as well, which is a win-win situation (as Glenn would say) on both sides.

It aint fucking difficult.

Seems easy, but we're a family club...can you start to imagine the effect this might have on Ranger? One of the joys about being a fairly shitty Div 3 team, is that you can time it to arrive at 2:59....and so avoid the embarrasing shit.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 00:21:56 »

It's not hard to change, stick anything on a bit off the mainstream. I wouldn't care if it was Gypsy Kings, King Tubby, or The Exploited, anything bar fucking Robbie Williams.( actually i'd like the first 3)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 08:32:53 »

Have you ever been in Foxies? Fit is stretching it.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 09:40:23 »

Don't know I sit in the DRS so fuck knows if there is a tannoy or whether its the same one

Tannoy in the DRS is better than the TE
Was in DRS for the turkey game as took girls - could actually hear the safety announcement where as in the TE you hear the preannouncement jingle and then fuck all but muffled near silence

Dont think the TE one has changed in all the years I have been going

And yes the RR haka is cringeworthy
RR itself isnt a bad thing just not the damn haka

dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:13:01 »

With all the ex Spurs lads in maybe Chas and Dave might do the Half time gig  Cheesy
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:23:43 »

Need more republica.

It's All Good..............
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:31:38 »

Needs more Kramer

Things get better but they never get good