Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town hold talks with ex-Magpie Ranger  (Read 30514 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 07:50:19 »

I had to look up his Wikipedia page to find out what it was he was supposed to have done.  Bit of a wrong 'un.  Please avoid.

And I knew there was a reason his name rang a bell:
'He was offered terms by Swindon Town after a successful trial before Newcastle signed him.'

I'm not the quickest out of the blocks sometimes.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 07:51:01 »

He's got his own name tattooed on his face.

HIS OWN NAME.

ON HIS FACE.

No
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 07:52:08 »

He's got his own name tattooed on his face.

HIS OWN NAME.

ON HIS FACE.

No

Would have worked so much better if his name was Nile Wazzock.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 07:52:43 »

Didn't he stay with Nathan Thompson whilst he was here before? Maybe he's the calming influence.... like Nolan and Andy Carroll.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 07:54:11 »

[devils advocate] Was there this much fuss when Timlin got out and went back to Southend? [/devils advocate]

I would suggest it is somewhat easier to give people a second chance for Theft or Speeding than it is for Murder, Manslaughter or Rape.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 07:55:13 »

I would suggest it is somewhat easier to give people a second chance for Theft or Speeding than it is for Murder, Manslaughter or Rape.

He aint been found guilty yet, i get your point though
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 07:55:22 »

Always looked a bit shit anyway, even if that was at a higher level im not convinced he would be anything great at this level.

Oh yea and as standard he is a right cunt.
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 07:56:26 »

Ranger hasn't been convicted of any of those either and if he is, we wont be signing him anyway.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 08:42:41 »

At least McCormick showed a willingness to rehabilitate himself having oaid a debt to society. Ranger doesn't give a fuck.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 08:45:25 »

Hopefully Ranger will get banged up for a goodly stretch.
Flashheart

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 08:49:27 »

Is he actually any good at this football malarky?
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 08:55:51 »

[devils advocate] Was there this much fuss when Timlin got out and went back to Southend? [/devils advocate]

Similarly, did anyone care when we signed Pericard after his stint in prison? Innocent until proven guilty. If he's found guilty of rape we won't be signing him.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 09:00:09 »

Innocent until proven guilty. If he's found guilty of rape we won't be signing him.
Ranger's been convicted a number of times, broken his bail conditions, ran into trouble with the FA over homophobic tweets and is awaiting trial on a rape charge. The article states that Jed is considering offering him a contract before the trial.

If he's convicted and gets a jail sentence, we'll be stuck with him.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 09:05:46 »

There are second chances of course but looking at this guy, more baggage than Heathrow.

On 27 August 2011 he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a man in Newcastle city centre leaving the victim unconscious in the street, but was found not guilty of this in trial in October 2012.[15]

In October 2011 he was charged with being drunk and disorderly in Newcastle's Cathedral Square. The charge came only days after Ranger had been reinstated to Newcastle United's first-team training after a three-month exile in the club's reserves.[16] In March 2012 he was convicted of being drunk and disorderly and was given a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £135 costs.[17][better source needed] Prior to this, in May 2011 Ranger was questioned by Newcastle after posing with a replica gun in a photograph.[18][19] The gun was later handed in.[20][better source needed]

In March 2012, he was fined by The FA for making homophobic comments on social networking website Twitter.[21] Later in the month he was arrested once more, this time for breaching terms of his bail whilst awaiting trial on four assault charges.[17]

In the early hours of 23 September 2012, police were called to a house in Enfield, north London after reports of a disturbance. The front door of the property was badly damaged and Ranger was arrested at the scene and later charged with criminal damage.[22] The charge against Ranger was dropped in November 2012 after the court accepted his explanation that he had damaged the door after fearing his girlfriend was being kidnapped.[23]

On 25 January 2013, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of rape in a Newcastle hotel room.[24] In connection with the same alleged offence, Ranger was charged with rape on 8 July 2013.[25]

On 14 March 2013, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of assault.[26]

In July 2013, Ranger once again hit the headlines after getting a tattoo of his own surname on his forehead.[27]

Really don't think its worth it, there is no guarantee he is going to grow up, get his head down and prove everyone wrong. If Jed is willing to offer him a contract before his trial, then I think he's insane.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 09:07:31 »

Ranger's been convicted a number of times, broken his bail conditions, ran into trouble with the FA over homophobic tweets and is awaiting trial on a rape charge. The article states that Jed is considering offering him a contract before the trial.

If he's convicted and gets a jail sentence, we'll be stuck with him.

Surely any contract would have a clause in it so we wont be stuck with him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: