Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 24 hour opening...  (Read 1749 times)
MR BEN

« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 10:15:44 »

No Problems, made no pissing sense though

you can rape and kill all you like
Piemonte

« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 11:18:40 »

I'm all for it, if anything it will halp reduce violent crime etc as people wont all be booted out onto the streets at the same time.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 12:45:07 »

I'm looking forward to it. I despise the fact that if you want to continue drinking past 11pm you have to move from a civilised pub to a club where you'll have to begin communicating with your friends through lip-reading.
Clubs have their place obviously (usually when i'm slaughtered and up for a dance!) but it'll be nice to be able to just relax and drink until the early hours in a place that doesn't have music blaring out!

Bit dissapointed that it could lead to the abolition of happy hours and other drinks promotions though.. mainly because I'm currently an unemployed cheap bastard.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Spud

« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 13:51:24 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Quote from: "MR BEN"
You can rape and kill your way all you like

Cheers Ben... that's my Friday night planned then!

:shock:
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 13:55:10 »

Some interesting answers.

I personally think that the licensing laws are largely to blame for the 'binge drinking' culture that we see today.  It creates an atmosphere where people drink as much as they can because for whatever reason they are desperate to be 'out of it' by 1100 or 1130 or whenever it is that the pubs/clubs close.

Also, because of these laws, everyone is out on the street, pissed up, at the same time.

Take away that phsycological 11/1130 barrier and I think you will actually see things improve to a degree.

It certainly won't make things any worse.
Piemonte

« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 15:13:50 »

Totally agree OST
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: