Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: SWINDON TOWN: Portugal media ban does no one any favours  (Read 20969 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 15:41:11 »

This is a very important week or so for the club. Seems like they're either being very petty or trying to keep some information away from the media.

We've all already worked out they havent got a pot to piss in!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 15:41:22 »

Seems bizarre given there has not even been one interview done yet for it be revoked! Unless the guy who agreed it should not have done in the first place
« Last Edit: Monday, July 22, 2013, 15:43:30 by Riddick » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 15:41:40 »

It's nice to see a highlight reel that includes no nonsense clearances from time to time

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 15:45:56 »

In a way, I think I can understand the wish to go behind closed doors at the moment.  It's very possible (although not certain, I know) that the MacDonald resignation took them all by surprise a little and there's a bit of regrouping going on.  If they need a week or so of getting their heads down out of the media spotlight, maybe it's for the best.

I'm sure in the pre-internet age a tour like this would not have been covered intensively anyway.  A few match reports and pre-prepared player interviews, maybe, but a world away from the paper's Sports Writer sitting by the pool (sorry Sam  Cheesy) with a laptop for 12 days and delivering wall to wall coverage.
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 16:06:23 »

I would love to know whether this would affect the relationship between the Club and Advertiser, I would imagine the Advertioser pay the club for the advertising boards and programme advertisement which would mean that the club have in effect snubbed a sponsor.

In a previous role I was the Marketing manager for a group of newspapers in the west midlands and one of our titles was the Wal;sall Advertiser and each season we would allocate a certain amount of free advertising space in return for Advertising boards, Programme ads and three matchball packages per season.  The Club Secretary, our Editor and I all knew exactly where we stood with the agreement and this meant we had full access to players, staff etc and we also used the club facilities for corporate functions where possible to boost the relationship.

With this media black out it must have a detrimental affect beyond purely the editorial coverage...

Keep up your good work Sam

Remember what the Sun did to Southampton a few years back referring to them all season as "A south coast club".. please don't resort to that  Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 17:32:40 »

The adver should just start covering super marine with the same depth as they used to stfc

Things get better but they never get good
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 17:34:43 »

The adver should just start covering super marine with the same depth as they used to stfc

Yeah that'll learn em. Sales of the paper will rocket too.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 17:43:35 »

Have the club gave any proper reason why the Adver and such were not allowed on tour?
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 18:02:29 »

Have the club gave any proper reason why the Adver and such were not allowed on tour?

Yeah because of Spurs training our team   
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 21:18:20 »

I would love to know whether this would affect the relationship between the Club and Advertiser, I would imagine the Advertioser pay the club for the advertising boards and programme advertisement which would mean that the club have in effect snubbed a sponsor.

In a previous role I was the Marketing manager for a group of newspapers in the west midlands and one of our titles was the Wal;sall Advertiser and each season we would allocate a certain amount of free advertising space in return for Advertising boards, Programme ads and three matchball packages per season.  The Club Secretary, our Editor and I all knew exactly where we stood with the agreement and this meant we had full access to players, staff etc and we also used the club facilities for corporate functions where possible to boost the relationship.

With this media black out it must have a detrimental affect beyond purely the editorial coverage...

Keep up your good work Sam

Remember what the Sun did to Southampton a few years back referring to them all season as "A south coast club".. please don't resort to that  Smiley

As much as the Adver can from time to time afford a little but of a frosty relationship, cold hard commercial facts mean that a lack of STFC articles means reduced advertising income.  Very few things make local newspapers viable these days.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 22:26:58 »

The club need an experienced press officer, I've known Tom Otrebski for years and he's doing a fantastic job especially as Tanner is no longer there but he's only been there 2 minutes.

The clubs PR is a shambles.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 07:00:43 »

The club need an experienced press officer, I've known Tom Otrebski for years and he's doing a fantastic job especially as Tanner is no longer there but he's only been there 2 minutes.

The clubs PR is a shambles.
So where does Shah come in
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 07:34:41 »

So BBC Wilts reporting a ban on any further player interviews, but it is 'under review'. I misunderstood Sam's tweets yesterday on the matter.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 08:00:33 »

So where does Shah come in

As a complete guess, for a non exec, she will attend board meetings, having been given some papers a few days beforehand, be 'consulted' in the board meeting, and have no decision making power.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 08:31:11 »

As much as the Adver can from time to time afford a little but of a frosty relationship, cold hard commercial facts mean that a lack of STFC articles means reduced advertising income.  Very few things make local newspapers viable these days.

What about the story about that woman trapped behind a mattress. Surely that story alone sold thousands of papers!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: