Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mac Going/  (Read 34924 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 21:34:44 »

A Jimmy Quinn rumour is doing the rounds on twitter. Was Power at Cambridge with him?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 21:34:53 »

Who were the two players that we lined up for today?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 21:35:32 »

I'd never actually bothered to see what Power looked like. Tieless.

http://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Lee-Power.jpg

Looks like one of the Mitchell brothers. No, not the black ones.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 21:35:36 »

A Jimmy Quinn rumour is doing the rounds on twitter. Was Power at Cambridge with him?

That has to be a piss take ...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 21:41:23 »

Jimmy Quinn ffs.  Cheesy
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 21:49:52 »

Come on without Come on within.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 21:53:50 »

Come on without Come on within.
Think you might have to post a Youtube link for some to get what you are on about!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 21:56:24 »

Think you might have to post a Youtube link for some to get what you are on about!

One for Benzel

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 22:03:28 »

Hoddle would keep the spurs link going!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 22:06:44 »

Hoddle out
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 22:23:37 »

Begs the question as to why KMac was appointed as manager if he was only ever really wanted in a coaching capacity?  Utterly pointless and some might say cost us promotion. 

Can't say I'm overly fussed about his departure, other than the fact it's too close to the start of the season and makes me wonder exactly what is going on behind the scenes to make him resign. 

The Board need to be a bit careful with who they replace him with.  They were just starting to win a good proportion of the fanbase round and losing their 'dodgy' label.  Appoint someone unpopular/someone who looks like they fit an agenda and the questions will start and it won't take long for people to turn if the season starts badly.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 22:32:34 »

Not sure what changed to make KMac reach this point.

I don't have much of an issue with having a bash at having a DofF like every club outside of the Uk does, but it does need a different culture and the right staff in place.  A Head Coach rather than a traditional English Manager approach.

Power wasn't going to be onboard when we appointed Kevin, so it might be the shit they found at the club caused them to search out his investment and help.  He may well have gone for it, stuck some cash our way but asked to have an active role like this, planting the Sherwood seed at the same time (they are business partners as well as friends).  When he was initially talked about at Cambridge the incumbent board didn't fancy him coming in because he wanted some fundamental changes in roles, which would suggest he's a believer in this way of doing things and wants to give it a go.  He's built up some cash and one of his mates has got involved in running a club.

It could go either way.  If they carry on with a DofF running the transfer policy and playing budgets but appoint someone who wants to be a Manager, we could be in trouble.  If they find a way of getting a Coach in, it might just be a sustainable way of building the club up until such time as a development of the ground can push us on to do it on our own without clubs like Spurs giving us a leg up.  In fairness, Spurs owe us morally.  To have got away with the £1.5m fine they managed in the 90's after what happened to us, it's the least they owe us to send us some decent players.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 22:39:01 »

Our football club truly has turned in to a shambles....
scollenstfc

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 22:41:33 »

I'm hoping that kmac doesn't stay silent after this, for his own sake as well as on a moral standpoint. If he doesn't explain why he left surely it won't look good for any future prospects in management, but, whatever is going on behind the scenes has obviously has made him feel he can't manage us any more (assuming its the lee power influence) and if he doesn't reveal why it's only going to get worse with the next manager who takes over, if he talks then at the very least the next manager will know what he's getting himself into, and we may finally see what the hell is going on behind the scenes, if its as dodgy as some say, then at least we have have proof that we have something to worry about!

All this 2 days after Murrell has convinced most fans all is well, it feels like starting from scratch all over again.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 22:47:57 »

What is dodgy about someone on the Board being responsible for the playing budget and taking control of expenditure and revenue from player sales and purchases?  What is dodgy about leaning on a friendship and business partnership to get seemingly decent youngsters onto our books for the season?

Will it work is a different question.  West Brom are having a go at it, it has failed more often than not in the UK leagues.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: