Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town poised to claim £300,000 Austin cash boost  (Read 9247 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 08:54:25 »

I'd wager the club left them a lot more out of pocket than that small portion of a transfer fee would cover. I don't really care to be honest. People who've previously helped the club taking a cut, is like a drop in the ocean compared to the blood sucking agents' cut.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 08:55:22 »

some of us got stick for suggesting fitton was a cunt ages ago.

Yeah what a cunt, not wanting to write off 100% of the money he was owed.

IF this was part of the sale agreement I can't really see a problem with it. Everyone's getting a cut and the majority is still going to the club.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 09:10:02 »

Sky reporter on twitter saying early reports that he collapsed during the medical??
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 09:12:40 »

Would this arrangement have been common for other transfers of the era? Richie and Cox
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 09:13:58 »

Would this arrangement have been common for other transfers of the era? Richie and Cox

Not if it was part of the sale of the club, no I wouldn't have thought so.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 09:26:36 »

Yeah what a cunt, not wanting to write off 100% of the money he was owed.

IF this was part of the sale agreement I can't really see a problem with it. Everyone's getting a cut and the majority is still going to the club.
plenty of negatives too. Meddling in team matters saw us relegated. The bloke was here to have his ego stroked. A posh boy wannabe football manager. Not like he sold his wedding ring-remortgaged his house to aid stfc
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 09:29:57 »

To an extent, I agree with what Arriba says with regard to my take on Fitton - virtually everything bar the initial takeover and 'finding' Austin went wrong. The delay of Wilson's sacking, his replacement, and poor transfer moves to name the main ones, ultimately leading to our relegation to the basement.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 09:39:51 »

To an extent, I agree with what Arriba says with regard to my take on Fitton - virtually everything bar the initial takeover and 'finding' Austin went wrong. The delay of Wilson's sacking, his replacement, and poor transfer moves to name the main ones, ultimately leading to our relegation to the basement.

Didn't he 'find' Flint? I wonder if there was a less-publicised fee in HIS contract when he was sold on.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 09:44:10 »

The bloke was here to have his ego stroked. A posh boy wannabe football manager. Not like he sold his wedding ring-remortgaged his house to aid stfc

Pretty much sums up 99% of football club chairmen, so yeah I agree.

My point was that this "deal" doesn't make him a cunt IMO. Sounds to me like it's been set up with the interests of both parties (old and new boards) in mind.
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 09:49:31 »

Sky reporter on twitter saying early reports that he collapsed during the medical??

Surely he means the deal collapsed?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 09:51:43 »

Surely he means the deal collapsed?

@SkySportsMatt: Early reports about Charlie Austin's medical claim he collapsed during his medical. #HCFC #BFC
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 10:01:09 »

But by putting the takeover together he got rid of Diamandis and for that I am truely grateful.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 10:02:38 »

plenty of negatives too. Meddling in team matters saw us relegated. The bloke was here to have his ego stroked. A posh boy wannabe football manager. Not like he sold his wedding ring-remortgaged his house to aid stfc

To be fair he still wrote off cash to take this forward, I never understand the argument that there is uproar if season tickets go up, but owners should just plough cash into the club.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 10:04:35 »

@SkySportsMatt: Early reports about Charlie Austin's medical claim he collapsed during his medical. #HCFC #BFC

Steve Bruce said -

"There has been a bit of a problem with his medical, which is the worst scenario for everybody concerned," said Bruce. "It's an awful situation we find ourselves in but the medical is not great so it looks as if it is a non-starter at the moment.

"I think he is surprised because he has not missed many games over the last couple of years. It is a blow for him and a blow for us but these medicals are so stringent and obviously he has got a problem."

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 10:05:14 »

I was a huge fan of Fitton at the beginning.  There was a massive sigh of relief that Diamandis had been moved on, and the improvements AF brought to the back office within weeks were clear to see.

As others have said, it was after that that things went wrong.  And because there was a well of goodwill towards AF and his people, he got off very lightly at the time in terms of criticism.  With hindsight, he probably did 90% of his good work with the club within 3 to 6 months of arriving.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: