Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Madeline McCann  (Read 24275 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 10:09:21 »

Yeah whoever took her is proper blameless.

He's the real victim here.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 10:18:00 »

If someone took her.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 10:38:07 »

Yes it is. If this had been a working class single mother that had left her kids in the house in Doncaster while she went to the pub next door, rather than a middle class couple that left their kids in an appartment in Portugal while they went to a tapas bar or whatever, the press would have fucking crucified her, and she'd probably have been prosecuted for neglect and lost her other children.
You're right, and it's appalling that the press treat people like that on the basis of their class. Reverse discrimination against the McCanns because they are middle class doesn't make it any better though. They fucked up, they shouldn't have done, I'm reasonably confident they know that and are tortured by it every waking minute. They and more importantly their innocent daughter don't deserve the appalling price they've had to pay for that though. Or the gleeful condemnation of some which I have to say I find baffling and quite depressing.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 10:47:36 »

You're right, and it's appalling that the press treat people like that on the basis of their class. Reverse discrimination against the McCanns because they are middle class doesn't make it any better though. They fucked up, they shouldn't have done, I'm reasonably confident they know that and are tortured by it every waking minute. They and more importantly their innocent daughter don't deserve the appalling price they've had to pay for that though. Or the gleeful condemnation of some which I have to say I find baffling and quite depressing.

Absolutely 100% spot on.

"Oh they deserved it". Only a complete fucking mong thinks this.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 11:13:45 »

Yeah whoever took her is proper blameless.

I think you're being a little bit cute here. There are sickos and weirdos everywhere and it's a parents job to protect their children. The McCanns didn't and the kiddy got pinched. They are to blame.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 11:20:25 »

I think you're being a little bit cute here. There are sickos and weirdos everywhere and it's a parents job to protect their children. The McCanns didn't and the kiddy got pinched. They are partly to blame.

Corrected for you.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 11:33:13 »

I don't see there's any reverse discrimination here. My position is fairly clear. I think every parent should be judged by the same standards, and fucking off down the pub and leaving primary school age kids at home alone is not acceptable. That's not saying the family got what coming to them. It's saying that their actions were neglectful. Which when judged objectively they clearly were.

I don't know a single parent that would have done this. I don't know a single parent that wouldn't be horrified if one of their friends did this with their kids. I know they must be wracked with guilt over this, but it's not a unreasonable, irrational guilt is it? It's a guilt that arises from the knowledge that their actions allowed this to happen to their child.

..never go back.
DRS

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 15:05:32 »

I just don't trust their story.
Which is part of the problem in this case. People don't trust their side of the story due to the initial reports from the portugese police which have been proved to be absolute bollocks
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 18:09:09 »

Corrected for you.

You're just being pedantic. I didn't say there wasn't blame to be apportioned elsewhere.

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 18:17:48 »

Cannot believe they went out after Madeleine had told them that both her brother and she had woken up the previous night and didn't know where her parents were. Even after knowing that they left them again.
I think she was taken by a stranger but they didn't look after their kids properly. Whoever it was must have monitored their behaviour over previous evenings.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 18:46:13 »

To be honest it really doesn't matter what "the internet" thinks. Waking up every day knowing if only you hadn't gone out....is a horror far worse than any public opinion could ever provide.

If someone had kidnapped your child, that would be the first thought on anyone's mind every day they woke up, wouldn't it? You'd blame yourself for being a such an irresponsible dick and leaving the kids alone. You'd never forgive yourself I expect.

Mrs McCann came out the other day with the quote:

"We're not the one's who have done anything wrong here."

Yes you fucking are.
Flashheart

« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 19:10:38 »

Just the other day I was looking after my little boy while watching stuff on the laptop. So engrossed I was in what I was watching that I didn't notice him playing with the power cable and I stopped him from putting it in his mouth, as 6 months old are prone to do, just in the nick of time. The consequences could, of course, have been catastrophic.

Even though nothing happened I still 'blame' myself for my carelessness and chastise myself for it. Had the worst happened then I would be blaming myself for it for the rest of my life and would never, ever, try to claim I had done nothing wrong.

For them to try to absolve themselves of all blame is something that I just cannot fathom.
DRS

« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 19:50:16 »

Assume not one parent here has ever driven over any speed limit with their children in the car aswell
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 19:56:32 »

For them to try to absolve themselves of all blame is something that I just cannot fathom.

Agreed, and I believe it is one of the reasons that some people struggle to have much sympathy for them.

Cannot believe they went out after Madeleine had told them that both her brother and she had woken up the previous night and didn't know where her parents were. Even after knowing that they left them again.
I think she was taken by a stranger but they didn't look after their kids properly. Whoever it was must have monitored their behaviour over previous evenings.

You would have thought after that they would have felt so guilty that they wouldn't do it again.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 19:57:46 »

Assume not one parent here has ever driven over any speed limit with their children in the car aswell

Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: