Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: MacDonald expects Caddis in pre-season  (Read 18691 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:12:01 »

Again, did Jed imply when he first arrived that seasons budget would be similar to last seasons? Only for it to be slashed in half?

Either way the point was 2.4m does not necessarily leave us great scope to manoeuvre and bring good players in - if the large majority of that budget is currently taken up, still...

He implied it would remain the same for last season. In the very same article he also mentioned sustainability and spending sensibly. It's no secret that their communication leaves a lot to be desired which could lead to misunderstandings.

And I know what you mean about the remaining budget etc. We just don't know what it stands at now and even the board have said more players still need to leave. That doesn't necessarily mean that everything that isn't nailed down has to go though. We'll be in a better position to comment come the middle of next month.
DRS

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:14:26 »

Again, did Jed imply when he first arrived that seasons budget would be similar to last seasons? Only for it to be slashed in half?Either way the point was 2.4m does not necessarily leave us great scope to manoeuvre and bring good players in - if the large majority of that budget is currently taken up, still...
He said that they would keep that budget for the remainder of last season
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:15:47 »

Please can people stop throwing around the terms happy clapper and doom monger?

Says man who told me my opinion should be on Thisis Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:17:32 »

If people want to argue that the given budget is a lie then I suggest they back it up with something......

I think all we can do on this is wait and see how far the cull of players bites...there should be a bottom line. One problem could be that players we want to keep, will seek to leave because they won't fancy playing for a set up with reduced ambitions.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:19:25 »

Everyone is a fucking hypocrite. The sooner we all accept that and just realize people post what they are thinking at the time the better.
Goading, trolling, doomongers,happy clappers is all bollocks.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:37:08 »

Please can people stop throwing around the terms happy clapper and doom monger?

Fence sitter...
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:42:38 »

Everyone is a fucking hypocrite. The sooner we all accept that and just realize people post what they are thinking at the time the better.

It may not bother you but, whether it should do or not, it does bother other people.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:46:21 »

Fence sitter...
Want to help me get these splinters out of my arse?

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:47:12 »

It may not bother you but, whether it should do or not, it does bother other people.
what might not bother me? What is it?

Flashheart

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:49:18 »

what might not bother me? What is it?

The very thing you just made a post about. Why be so obtuse?

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:52:41 »

The very thing you just made a post about. Why be so obtuse?
I'm not being obtuse. Genuine question.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:55:56 »

It bothers some people to be labelled as happy clappers, doom mongers, fence sitters or in Batch's case my unfair suggestion he should register for an account on the Adver site (sorry). More often than not it just causes arguments that have little to do with the actual debate.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 11:16:39 »

You've contradicted yourself in your own post.

Everyone's opinion generally falls into category, whether you like it or not. Just the same as an artist playing a different type of music to another will. Humans have been labelling and categorising everything since we could fucking think.

It's pretty obvious where a lot of people stand. Therefore you saying it is bollocks, is in itself bollocks. You may not like it but it doesn't make it any less true. If I were you I'd embrace it and have fun with it!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 11:18:52 »

It bothers some people to be labelled as happy clappers, doom mongers, fence sitters or in Batch's case my unfair suggestion he should register for an account on the Adver site (sorry). More often than not it just causes arguments that have little to do with the actual debate.

Well that would bother me too if i was put in a camp for the reasons i posted above( I don't think there are camps to be put in) People just say what they are thinking.

I have no idea what "it" means. Who is goading and trolling??(asked flasheart this last night as he made the comment but got no response)
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 11:28:35 by arriba » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 11:25:22 »

You've contradicted yourself in your own post.

Everyone's opinion generally falls into category, whether you like it or not. Just the same as an artist playing a different type of music to another will. Humans have been labelling and categorising everything since we could fucking think.

It's pretty obvious where a lot of people stand. Therefore you saying it is bollocks, is in itself bollocks. You may not like it but it doesn't make it any less true. If I were you I'd embrace it and have fun with it!

How have i contradicted myself? I don't think there are catagories,but i accept i'm a hypocrite as every bugger on the planet is.
Peoples stances will change as time goes by but i see your point to a point Smiley
What i dont get is how people are put off posting. Is this because they feel they've been put in a camp of opinion?
Their self appointed spokesperson does that very thing himself so i don't get it?
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 11:32:40 by arriba » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: