Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wes Foderingham to AFC Bournemouth  (Read 41801 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 08:28:33 »

I think he misses Duardo a little bit...  Not sure if Digby is as thorough.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 09:05:44 »

He hasn't been the same since Di Canio left, he should've been sent off at least twice, he's given away quite a few pens and generally been more erratic and not as assured as before.

Saying all that he's still pulled off some brilliant saves but his all round game has suffered.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 09:36:12 »

He hasn't been the same since Di Canio left, he should've been sent off at least twice, he's given away quite a few pens and generally been more erratic and not as assured as before.

Saying all that he's still pulled off some brilliant saves but his all round game has suffered.
I thought he looked comfortable in both of the PO games but I've read about his mishaps on here prior to that. If it is just a case of coaching then he would surely improve again (and perhaps then some) at a higher level.

On the subject of coach staff, who exactly is there? MacDonald, his assistant Cooper and the physio Paul Godfrey are the only ones listed on the OS. Digby, Pitman and the fitness/conditioning guy are only helping out on an interim basis, so are we planning to bring anyone else in given budget restraints?

Wes doesn't have much competition in this regard but he's the best goalkeeper I've seen at Swindon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 09:48:05 »

People have dips in form,. Wes was nearly flawless until recently, anything less that that will  be noticeable! Good point about competition (Bedwell isn't there pushing yet), there is such a thing as getting too comfortable I suppose.

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 09:50:19 »

I thought he might have seen red on monday when he raced off his line and clattered matey in the first half. Seen them given.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 12:37:39 »

I thought he might have seen red on monday when he raced off his line and clattered matey in the first half. Seen them given.

I don't remember that one, but then i had been drinking all afternoon.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 12:51:24 »

People have dips in form,. Wes was nearly flawless until recently, anything less that that will  be noticeable! Good point about competition (Bedwell isn't there pushing yet), there is such a thing as getting too comfortable I suppose.
Wes's form has down hill a bit since Fraser Digby started coaching him, I know that Wes said he didn't like the type of coaching he was receiving under PDC.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 13:41:37 »

Wes's form has down hill a bit since Fraser Digby started coaching him, I know that Wes said he didn't like the type of coaching he was receiving under PDC.

He may not have liked it but it worked, he is more inclined to rush off his line now than previous and how he wasnt sent off more than once I will never know.
I like Digby but I dont think he is helping Wes

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 13:56:25 »

Do people honestly think that changing coaches will cause a loss of form and make a keeper forget what he learned previously?
It has fuck all to do with any perceived loss of form fans see.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:06:13 »

Didn't we already discuss this and sort of conclude that the higher defensive line we've been playing since McD came in has meant that we've seen a lot more opposition players getting onto through balls and into 1 on 1 positions, and that this is likely to have forced Fods to rush out a bit more to cover?

..never go back.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:11:54 »

High line or not he didn't seem as disciplined as he was. Same goes for defence. Maybe its a loosening of the reins since kmac came in but even Thompson picked up a run of four or five consecutive yellows.  Wes is a great shot stopper but his decision making when faced with an oncoming player has got real suspect.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:15:04 »

Do people honestly think that changing coaches will cause a loss of form and make a keeper forget what he learned previously?

Yes, I think changing coaches will effect form...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:20:27 »

His form hasn't gone its the decision making/discipline that has been risky in the last couple of months.

Could it be coaching? Who knows but for whatever reason since Digby started looking after him he has got himself in situations where he his decision making could have resulted in red cards. This has happened 4 or 5 times

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:27:50 »

Yes, I think changing coaches will effect form...
why would it? If anything he would gave gained more knowledge working with someone new. He wouldn't forget what he already knew.
It's a bit of training with someone new for a few weeks, it wouldn't make his form drop. Wes would have been involved with the outfield players for alotof training anyway.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:30:43 »

I'd like to see a new GK coach brought in, no offence to Diggers but he hasnt even been doing coaching since he retired so he is not really up on coaching techniques, he was only brought in by Jed as I think he knew him as a short term help.

I suspect though that next seasons coaching staff will be much the same as now if the budget is being cut right back
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: