Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34799 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 20:48:22 »

Embarrassed
I think you answered what is wrong with Williams. He is dangerous, and can score goals (I know, I know). But he's not offering himself or doing what he was doing simply because his confidence is down, he's gone hiding a bit to protect himself.

I still think he is our match winner.

Wouldn't be so bad if we were free scoring we could afford for Williams to hide but we aren't, we aren't even creating the chances we were earlier in the season

As Ferry is not working out on the right I would have used L Rooney out wide, keep macca in the centre or midfield is too weak.
Tho that would imply an attack minded formation  Zipped

Nothing would please me more than for Williams to pop up and score the winner tomorrow but cant see it, still am often wrong so who knows
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #316 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 21:01:17 »

When is the last time Williams scored?
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #317 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 21:20:27 »

When is the last time Williams scored?

9 March (that's 2013 !)  Home to Walsall (2-2).
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #318 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 21:25:40 »

He'll score tomorrow then. Can someone bring along some flares tomorrow, some pyrotechnics would be good for the atmosphere.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 21:28:42 »

Finally to the playeeeeers we are so fucking proud of you so do your best as that's all we do and can ask of you

This. Absolutely this.

Oh, and anyone who wants Ferry and Luongo playing together in the middle wasn't at Brammall Lane...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #320 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 21:39:24 »

The first few games Williams looked excellent and we regarded him as unlucky in front of goal. He also looked a lot stronger. As the season has gone on, he's not unlucky in front of goal, just crap. Also his workrate has reduced and any time a player challenges him he goes to ground. Hiis body language is fucking awful, like he expects things to go wrong.
He's got it there to be a good Championship player but mentally he's Sunday league.
Him and Roberts have been the two biggest disappointments this season.
Hopefully now they'll shove those comments up my arse.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 21:43:04 »

Embarrassed
I still think he is our match winner.
was on fire v Tranmere with 2 goals but still hit the most timid penalty ever for what could have been a hat trick.  Wouldn't fancy him in a penalty shoot out.  Lets hope we - and he - can settle matters beforehand
Spud

« Reply #322 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 22:48:03 »

This. Absolutely this.

Oh, and anyone who wants Ferry and Luongo playing together in the middle wasn't at Brammall Lane...

Agreed! I'd try Luongo, out wide.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 23:16:18 »

We weren't great but the bees were fucking shit. Still reckon we can  do it.

Strange when luongo scored the goal. Brilliantly taken but I thought he was wank all match apart from that. Fucked up multiple free kicks and corners and generally gave the ball away too much. Ward and Devera I thought were also god awful when playing the ball. I thought they'd swapped their boots for sand wedges the amount of times the managed to scoop the ball into the air just passing it. Glad I was some way up the stands or I'd be nursing some neck ache otherwise.

Aside from that though I thought we weren't too bad, and although the final ball or finish is often lacking, I still think Roberts and Williams make things happen. I thought the difference between the left and right side when we were on the ball was night and day with Byrne and Roberts natural wingers and ferry and Devera not. I'd give luongo a go on the right just to get ferry in the middle tomorrow with macca still buzzing about next to him.

Brentford must be feeling sheepish to still be level gong into the second leg but all the pressure is on them now. I just hope we go hell for leather tomorrow and try and scare the shit out of them, from what I've seen we've still got the better quality on the ball and are more likely to produce something special than them.

2-0 second leg to us.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: