Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 71349 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 15:26:48 »

On one final note, that celebration for our third was fucking epic.  Those few minutes will last long in the memory and we may never experience anything that dramatic again (depending how old you are!).  In some ways, that goal alone and everything that went with it was more than I was hoping for out of the game.
I was telling people that today. Can't remember going quite that mental after a goal before!

It's All Good..............
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 16:14:26 »

I was telling people that today. Can't remember going quite that mental after a goal before!

Ive got a 6 inch gash on the back of my groin from that. Im sorry i kissed your head too Steve, i thought it was the lucky egg from cool runnings.
Dozno9

« Reply #617 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 16:14:44 »

I had hoped to put one up the twat dressed up as a manky rabbit swinging carrots but that goal was fucking great.
droogie

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 17:47:03 »

about yesterday.cant fault the effort,we could easily have been hammered.its the hope that kills you.what i find worrying , and alienating is the style of football. constant long ball. maybe our players are not good enough to play a more technical game., however ardiles managed it with limited players and good coaching.I find it difficult to assimilate that with our manager playing for Liverpool.As for Miles Storey,hope that doesnt affect his future. Far better players have missed in shoot outs.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 17:55:37 »

about yesterday.cant fault the effort,we could easily have been hammered.its the hope that kills you.what i find worrying , and alienating is the style of football. constant long ball. maybe our players are not good enough to play a more technical game., however ardiles managed it with limited players and good coaching.I find it difficult to assimilate that with our manager playing for Liverpool.As for Miles Storey,hope that doesnt affect his future. Far better players have missed in shoot outs.

An interesting point that - anybody able to guess how he was able to do the seemingly impossible?  Is it just that nobody else tries to convert hoofers to ballers (perhaps thinking it safer to "play to their strengths"), or that the general standard of the opposition was different/worse back then?

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Dozno9

« Reply #620 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 18:02:21 »

More technical approach I guess, the continental way, and given the way football has progressed certainly ahead of his time in regards to the way he set the team up. We also played a division higher so the opposition would have been a bit more 'baller savvy.
droogie

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 18:37:29 »

Other managers have done it since. O/driscoll at Doncaster,Martinez at Wigan to name a couple.Its not the easy way or more importantly not the English way.Go to your local park and see the type of football thats appreciated.I have followed Swindon for 40+ years, and still will do. However i want a bit of style.Strangely, found the successful Macari years awful to watch.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 19:32:04 »

the first few games when Kmac took over we played better football than we ever did under di candio. At coventry away we knocked the ball around the best i've seen for a few years and dominated them.

I think kmac came in and tried to get them to play, results started going against us and he went back to what had been working, as we'd been pretty direct under di canio

I want to see what he does with a pre season under his belt before judging

Karl Robinson made a good point on the sky coverage, premier league bosses are more likely to give young players to k mac because of his reputation with young players, that could be very good news for us in the loan market.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 20:38:04 »

It is concerning that they are looking at keeping so many youth players, that is potentially 8, that is a lot of squad places taken for next season with 1st year pro's, that is the most taken on that I can remember for many years
nine were given pro contracts in early 2008 by Fitton no less
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 06:43:32 »

Does anyone know where I can watch the highlights?
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 07:17:14 »

Are the highlights available anywhere as I've yet to watch the goals and wouldn't mind seeing our third again. Cheers
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 07:18:21 »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/286197/video

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 07:49:53 »

Not long got back from Germany... What did I miss?

Yikes.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 08:56:58 »

Is it because I'm outside the UK or is this just MacDonald talking?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 09:02:46 »

It is. My mistake, didn't check. Usually works ok.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: