Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 621939 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1590 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 10:39:24 »

Has it actually not raised awareness even more. It is so depressing how everyone just sees the worst in everything lately

Thing is, tragically (and disgustingly for such an apparently 1st world country) there are plenty of 6 years olds whose parents are struggling to feed them in this country, and will be even more in a little over a months time.

Many of the electorate voted for this to happen and the club publicising the issue is causing embarrassment.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1591 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 10:42:06 »

Thing is, tragically (and disgustingly for such an apparently 1st world country) there are plenty of 6 years olds whose parents are struggling to feed them in this country, and will be even more in a little over a months time.

Many of the electorate voted for this to happen and the club publicising the issue is causing embarrassment.

And when Marcus Rashford managed to do something about it, a Tory MP told him to stick to his day job.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/12/mp-who-told-marcus-rashford-to-stick-to-the-day-job-has-second-job-15589258/
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1592 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 11:33:17 »

If it’s genuine, I’d suspect his Mum knows nowt about it. And how is a 6 year old expected to know what swirling around on social media wanting for him to come forward.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1593 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 12:42:04 »

If it’s genuine, I’d suspect his Mum knows nowt about it. And how is a 6 year old expected to know what swirling around on social media wanting for him to come forward.

It's made multiple media outlets, surely to goodness unless the mother has 0 friends or 0 family that someone has reached out to her and asked her if that's 'her Joe' from the news? You know how women like to gossip etc. The pan lid will have no idea but I'd be amazed if the mother isn't aware.

Perhaps she is embarrassed and has contacted the club to keep things on the down low? She doesnt want to become a other arms crossed Advertiser model.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #1594 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 12:56:31 »

If it comes to it my lad is 6 and loves Harry. I can wheel him out for the cameras with a sad face and  if I can meet Dale Vince and call him a wanker even better.

I also believe if your a single mum on minimum wages you would qualify for free school dinners.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1595 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 13:07:51 »

On the subject of 6 year olds I'm taking my 6 year old Nephew to his first Town game v Walsall next week. He's very, very excited as he's never seen a live game before but I'm a bit worried about keeping him entertained. Twitter has given me some very good advice so it seems video games and sweets are the way to go. Hoping I'll be turning him into a Town fan!
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #1596 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 13:26:10 »

It was Jack Payne for shits and gigs.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1597 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 14:54:38 »

It was Jack Payne for shits and gigs.

And Joe is his dogs name

I come from a land down-under
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1598 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 15:07:30 »

£8k is a serious return on a 26p investment.
The money will hopefully go a long way in helping those in food poverty locally.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #1599 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 15:20:24 »

The money could help reduce the club debt? 

Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #1600 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 15:56:29 »

On the subject of 6 year olds I'm taking my 6 year old Nephew to his first Town game v Walsall next week. He's very, very excited as he's never seen a live game before but I'm a bit worried about keeping him entertained. Twitter has given me some very good advice so it seems video games and sweets are the way to go. Hoping I'll be turning him into a Town fan!

My youngest has been coming to games since he was 5. I found the best thing to do is bring along some nice snacks and a tablet. He usually lasts until the second half before the tablet comes out. One thing to mention is the noise can be a bit overwhelming at first but I get my boy involved with all the singing and shouting so he now loves it.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1601 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 16:00:27 »

the noise can be a bit overwhelming at first

If you want to avoid any noise you could take them into the Arkells Wink
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1602 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 16:10:26 »

The money could help reduce the club debt? 

Fair play to the debt ridden club for picking up the postage.

Had a postage to pay note come through years ago.
Dutifully headed off to the sorting office in Hawksworth to pay up & find that it was from one of the book clubs based in Swindon, a letter of apology for poor customer service!
Fuming.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #1603 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 16:43:02 »

Fair play to the debt ridden club for picking up the postage.

Had a postage to pay note come through years ago.
Dutifully headed off to the sorting office in Hawksworth to pay up & find that it was from one of the book clubs based in Swindon, a letter of apology for poor customer service!
Fuming.

Typical. Sounds like my kind of luck. Double kick in the never’s.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1604 on: Thursday, February 17, 2022, 16:55:33 »

Quote from: Wobbly Bob
& find that it was from one of the book clubs based in Swindon, a letter of apology for poor customer service!
Fuming.

That made me laugh Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: