Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526186 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 09:40:44 »

As I have noted many times whilst there might be money to be made out of lower league football clubs, there are a damn sight easier ways of making money, without the risk or associated public scrutiny, still don't get the appeal.

Surely, realistically, the easiest way to actually make any money from a football club is via the main asset which is the ground. i.e selling it to a supermarket or similar for redevelopment. Obviously LP can't do this but as you say, the 'training ground' appears to be his money maker.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 09:44:27 »

Surely, realistically, the easiest way to actually make any money from a football club is via the main asset which is the ground. i.e selling it to a supermarket or similar for redevelopment. Obviously LP can't do this but as you say, the 'training ground' appears to be his money maker.

TBH I was being more generic than that, but to use Swindon as an example, in theory it appears that Power/Standing or whoever is into the club by about £5-7.5m, yes he might have made some cash back by player sales etc but in terms of assets his investment has left him with the square root of very little tangible, there are many ways that you could invest that sort of cash (commercial property for one) and have a steady income stream plus an asset available.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 09:49:11 »

I still don’t get the training ground issue. If Power is gone within the month (Praise de Lord!), the golf course is his to do with as he chooses. He can build the most fantastic training ground if he wishes, but there surely is no commitment upon the club to rent it off him.

I’d imagine Clem would rather eat his own spleen than to have any sort of connection with Power.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 09:59:03 »

I still don’t get the training ground issue. If Power is gone within the month (Praise de Lord!), the golf course is his to do with as he chooses. He can build the most fantastic training ground if he wishes, but there surely is no commitment upon the club to rent it off him.

I’d imagine Clem would rather eat his own spleen than to have any sort of connection with Power.

Am I imagining it, or didn't the Trust suggest that Standing (an other) also have cash tied up in the training ground site. I am sure that when the planning application was first submitted they completed Certificate A suggesting that the applicant (STFC) owned the land, this was later amended and a second certificate served stating L Power was the owner.

Power really needs to get a training ground built (with our without a tenant) for minimal cost to unlock a load of cash.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 10:57:52 »

Or not bother with a training ground at all and just sell the whole lot to a developer to build houses on. Which is where the money is
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 11:02:28 »

Or not bother with a training ground at all and just sell the whole lot to a developer to build houses on. Which is where the money is

Not necessarily....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 11:05:45 »

Maybe power wants to put the training ground/land usage in as a condition of sale which able are happy with (hence lower bid) and axis aren’t. I don’t know, thinking out loud

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 12:24:19 »

Maybe power wants to put the training ground/land usage in as a condition of sale which able are happy with (hence lower bid) and axis aren’t. I don’t know, thinking out loud

That’s where I’m coming from, if Axis are for real. Or a stalking/Trojan horse.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 12:27:22 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 12:42:23 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
That’s where I’m coming from, if Axis are for real. Or a stalking/Trojan horse.

Able?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 12:46:32 »

Just guessing, but I imagine that having a loss making business that someone else is funding opaquely comes in handy in avoiding further taxes, which he has a penchant for.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 13:41:01 »

Able?

Stable?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 14:04:51 »

UnAble

I come from a land down-under
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 14:19:59 »

Able?

Yes, of course Able, my bad.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 09:29:25 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56988691

I see there is no league we can't finish bottom of!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 10:19:06 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56988691

I see there is no league we can't finish bottom of!

Amusingly that's only for 2019-20 so before things got really shit!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: