Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How much money should i take to Thailand  (Read 1477 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 11:42:54 »

OK, so im going to Koh Samui (Thailand) for 2 weeks on my honeymoon and was wondering how much money would be a comfortable amount to take.
The hotel is bed and breakfast only, so need to take into account meals for lunch and dinner although lunch will more than likely being a small bar snack or street food.
Also, looking at doing a few trips and also drinks in the evening, wont be going out and getting hammered so just a few beers in the evening will do me.

I'm thinking £1000 (44356.91 baht) or is that wishful thinking? I'll have a credit card for emergencies but would like to not have to use it if I can help it.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 11:48:53 »

I reckon you'll have change from that. Although the islands are always a bit more expensive you should still have more than enough there
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 11:49:32 »

A grand could do it, you really would not be able to go out on the razz though.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 11:56:02 »

We have asked for money as a gift from out guests so hopefully I should be able to add to the £1000 I just don't want to assume we will get give a shit load of cash.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 13:38:28 »

Chubbs, when Ang and I married we were give the best part of £1500 by guests and there were only 70 at the actual wedding. Wise not to rely on it, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how generous people are at weddings.
china red

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 13:49:50 »

Cannot believe the exchange rate now, remember the days when it was 75THB per £.

Personally I don't think it will be enough if your planning the trips too, we had our honeymoon between Phuket and Phi Phi last year and spent double that easily and on less days.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 13:52:31 »

I guess I was basing my estimate on me backpacking through asia last winter where I was spending £150-£200 a week tops for accommodation, food and drinking most nights. Maybe not a fair barometer of how much you'd need for a honeymoon
Amir

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 14:10:17 »

I'd say that would be fine.  Not a huge amount of trips you can do on Samui anyway really, and the only costly thing would be diving(which they'd take you to Koh Tao to do).

You can get cracking noodle or rice dishes for 40-50B in little restaurants slightly out of the main areas.  Make sure you bite the bullet and try them, even if they don't look so great.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 14:30:46 »

You''ll need something to bite when you're sat on the crapper for a week Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: