Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Montenegro v En-ger-land  (Read 5766 times)
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 01:51:35 »

I find it laughable that England with a population of 53 million can't beat a country with a population of 625000 (roughly the same as Sheffield)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 06:16:51 »

I find it laughable that England with a population of 53 million can't beat a country with a population of 625000 (roughly the same as Sheffield)
Yeah, because that's the way way it works, isn't it? By your logic China, India and the US must all be footballing superpowers.....

It's All Good..............
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 07:10:36 »

Still 11 v 11 Fola, so anything can happen. You could say the same about the Eurovision song contest  Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:04:05 »

That is one stupid argument.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:07:14 »

Yeah, because that's the way way it works, isn't it? By your logic China, India and the US must all be footballing superpowers.....

Stupid stupid argument this population thing. So many examples of this not being the case.

Euro 92 for example. Surely Denmark, with their population of 5.5 million couldn't have possibly beaten the super power of Germany, population over 80 million in that tournament?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:14:16 »

Keane doesn't give a fuck for anyone, but the others on the panel all want to be pally pally with these players and managers. Keane doesn't give a toss, his demeanour during the programme is pure entertainment value alone

He gives enough of a toss to have fallen out with just about all the clubs he ever played for. Oh yeah, and his country.

Roy Keane has a more chips on his shoulder than my local takeaway has in their fryers. The bloke shouldn't be anywhere near my TV when England are playing.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:19:19 »

He gives enough of a toss to have fallen out with just about all the clubs he ever played for. Oh yeah, and his country.

Roy Keane has a more chips on his shoulder than my local takeaway has in their fryers. The bloke shouldn't be anywhere near my TV when England are playing.
I agree. If England are playing Ireland, fair enough, otherwise fuck off. Similarly, if it's on the BBC, I can't stand to listen to Hansen spouting on about England. If we're playing Scotland, fair enough, otherwise....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:22:16 »

I agree totally on that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:28:08 »

But then you have to take infrastructure and popularity of the sport into account for those countries, not very high for either. The population thing means that there is a much higher talent pool to choose from, a team of Sheffield based players managed to draw with us.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:32:25 »

Knew it was gonna be crap when the teams came out and the first England flag you saw had the Pox badge on it.

Seemed rather a lot from Rotherham too, trying to get as far away from Fatty Evans as possible I'd guess.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:43:38 »

Was that their national stadium? The bit with the England fans in made me think of Southend / Brentford.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:50:58 »

I agree. If England are playing Ireland, fair enough, otherwise fuck off. Similarly, if it's on the BBC, I can't stand to listen to Hansen spouting on about England. If we're playing Scotland, fair enough, otherwise....

Personally I think Hansen is a decent pundit, would prefer him over Keane anytime. Infact the BBC pundits just better overall than their ITV counterparts.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 10:35:30 »

To paraphrase from a BBC article on this yesterday, the Montenegrin team is not only made up of born-and-bred Montenegrins but also drawn from beyond its borders and the population of the former Yugoslavia from which it split to form a nation. Although a majority of the current squad were born in present day Montenegro, they also have players who were born in present day Serbia, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, which makes the 625,000 population a slightly unreliable statistic.

It's like Scotland moaning in regards to their football team they only have a population of 5 million, when half their players are drawn from an English population of 66 million. Probably part of the problem for them at the moment. Not exactly the first nation you'd chose the cast offs from: at least traditionally their players had passion instead of

[url width=800 height=600]http://images.football365.com/11/12/800x600/JordanRhodesHuddersfield201112_2696286.jpg[/url]
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 10:57:59 »

To paraphrase from a BBC article on this yesterday, the Montenegrin team is not only made up of born-and-bred Montenegrins but also drawn from beyond its borders and the population of the former Yugoslavia from which it split to form a nation. Although a majority of the current squad were born in present day Montenegro, they also have players who were born in present day Serbia, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, which makes the 625,000 population a slightly unreliable statistic.

It's like Scotland moaning in regards to their football team they only have a population of 5 million, when half their players are drawn from an English population of 66 million. Probably part of the problem for them at the moment. Not exactly the first nation you'd chose the cast offs from: at least traditionally their players had passion instead of

[url width=800 height=600]http://images.football365.com/11/12/800x600/JordanRhodesHuddersfield201112_2696286.jpg[/url]
You're forgetting the fact that half of the people in Montenegro aren't ethnic Montenegrins; the other half are Serbs, Bosniaks and Albanians. So it all evens out really. The worldwide Montenegrin population numbers only 340000 (including Montenegro itself).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 11:26:29 by Visočan » Logged
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 10:58:56 »

[url width=900 height=1083]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Crna_Gora_-_Etnicki_sastav_po_opstinama_2011_1.gif[/url]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: