Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mr Di Canio  (Read 26651 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 10:11:43 »

According to Black and the present Board Di Canio was informed that Ritchie was to be sold and he agreed on the proviso that he would be able to sign some replacement players. The fact that it subsequently went tits up and an embargo was placed on the club was out of the control of the club so Di Canio probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on if he did sue for that reason.

I thought Black said Di Canio was told of the possibility. That could mean a week or two earlier when PDC was mentioning "sacrifices" in his post match interview. In fact he seemed quite accepting.

Legal action or not, no manager should have to find out their best sale HAS been sold from the player after the fact. Unprofessional in the extreme. If true of course.

Muffin Man

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 10:14:05 »

Weirdly I heard exactly the same rumour myself on Friday about Paolo suing the club from somebody who works at the club.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 10:15:18 »

Legal action or not, no manager should have to find out their best sale HAS been sold from the player after the fact. Unprofessional in the extreme. If true of course.
I agree.

Black said that Di Canio was informed. Jed (I think) was the one that said he agreed to it if he could sign some more players.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 10:29:37 »

SWP also tweeted a couple of weeks ago that PDC knew about the sale in advance. Think somebody posted it on one of the other threads. There's a lot of lies being told, potentially by both sides & I've got a gut feeling this is one that's gonna rumble on for a while. No embargo being lifted anytime soon imo!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 10:34:51 »

Actually, it was SWP that said it - not Jed.......

William Patey ‏@WCPatey 3 Mar
@The_Swine_Don PDC agreed in principle to the sale of Ritchie a week before he was sold.  His condition was that we brought in loan players.
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 10:41:34 »

I think black said it also
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 10:56:53 »

Whether or not di canio knew about Ritchies sale at the exact time shouldn't matter.

Yes it might have technically broken a clause in his contract but could someone who seems as intelligent as Paolo not see the bigger picture?

We were running - from what Watkins and others have since revealed - very close to administration/going out of business and Ritchie's sale was a necessary evil to prevent that worst case scenario.

If PdC can't see that and is instead trying to inflict further damage on the club by moaning we didn't give him a heads up as the situation was rapidly unfolding on the 30th Jan or whenever, then quite frankly he can fuck off.

Putting a petty technicality involving himself over the greater wellbeing of the club - doesn't smack of the loyalty he claimed to be so important.

I loved the guy when he was here but he's tainted that big style since in my opinion.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 11:06:56 »

Thats pretty much as I see it LR.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 11:07:08 »

I was told this yesterday by a man a long black coat wearing a stfc tie.  He spoke very openly to many fans. Taking what he said as true pisses me off. I love stfc and see a huge chance of promotion. We need the loans. To feel that there is a possibility that we are being held back by someone we backed so fully annoys hell out of me.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 11:12:24 »

Weirdly I heard exactly the same rumour myself on Friday about Paolo suing the club from somebody who works at the club.

Is "somebody who works at the club" in a position that might give the rumour more credibility than, for example, something from the tea lady? Also, Chippy Red (the OP) ... what was the status of your source? Apart from wearing a long black coat etc., do you have any idea of his position?
Muffin Man

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 11:18:21 »

Is "somebody who works at the club" in a position that might give the rumour more credibility than, for example, something from the tea lady? Also, Chippy Red (the OP) ... what was the status of your source? Apart from wearing a long black coat etc., do you have any idea of his position?
This was told to me by somebody that is at management level at the club still, who also tells me there is no truth in the rumours put about that they have no money, he says that a fair few people at the club know who the money backers are and that they do exist.

Could well be bullshit but I trust his judgement, for what its worth he too does wear a long black coat and STFC tie Wink
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 11:26:55 »

Sounds like The Undertaker from WWF or whatever it's called nowadays.

Maybe Hulk Hogan can have a word with PdC.
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 11:33:14 »

Come on  he walked round ground. He was shaking fans hands. And answering all questions and no it wasnt the winner of mastermind. If anyone should know its him.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 11:38:46 »

If Di canio does take action he will only be hurting the club in its current state and its supporters. His issue is with the previous board.
The man was treated like a hero here depsite his flaws and it would ruin it. He should move on and secure another job quietly.
fatbasher

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 11:42:48 »

If Di canio does take action he will only be hurting the club in its current state and its supporters. His issue is with the previous board.
The man was treated like a hero here depsite his flaws and it would ruin it. He should move on and secure another job quietly.

Trying to screw a premier club like Curbishly did was bad enough and he's not had much luck in management since. Can you imagine the ramifications if Di Canio tries to screw us over in court, both to us, his self image and other potential employers?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: