Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Verdict so far  (Read 3273 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:09:22 »

I agree with this, around the time of PDCs departure I thought we really needed a couple of loan signings to pep things up a bit. Really can't see how the players fitness could drop off after a couple of weeks of Kmac. I think it's more a case of a long season catching up with a small squad.

And that's exactly why PDC was so pushy over loan signings as well in my opinion.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:17:25 »

I was happy with the appointment. K Mac has a good track record of coaching and assisting at the highest level. I think it will be a good appointment over time.

I've mentioned this before and the problem is he has come in at a time when results are very much the only important thing. Performances don't matter at this stage of a promotion chasing season. We need results and it's hard for any manager to come in and get them instantly. He needs time to get his style imposed on the team and his tactics. He also needs to be able to bring his own players in which he cannot do at the moment.

He seems like a decent man manager and wants to play good football so i'm happy with that. Whether he delivers promotion this season remains to be seen though.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 16:44:35 »

I had a pub conversation last night with a mate, who reckoned if we finish outside the top 6, then that should be judged as a total failure by MacDonald...I had to disagree, given the shambolic nature of what he's come into, it would be unfair to judge on this season. It's next season that he needs to come into his own...build a new squad, get them performing in a fashion that keeps us safely in the top 10...show signs of progress in player improvement etc.

Is your statement based on the belief that we won't go up this season or that we'll be top 10 in the Championship?  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: