Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PAOLO DI CANIO TO RETURN PETITION!  (Read 61791 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:41:42 »

I don't think he couldn't be fucked with us anymore. On the brink of a 2nd consecutive promotion when he left, he would have been very foolish if that was the case. Atm leaving us is to the detriment of his own managerial career so I'm still convinced there are pretty good reasons behind it.

Whatever his reasons, they aren't going to change. I just hope when we do eventually get a new manager it ends the Paolo to return nonsense.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:42:13 »

Yeah, he's a fucking twat who's a bit mental. Those be the reasons. Better off without.
Evidently, on the basis of the last two performances. For all his flaws I wish people could grow a set and admit that we were where we were largely because of what he did for us ON the field.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:43:24 »

Evidently, on the basis of the last two performances. For all his flaws I wish people could grow a set and admit that we were where we were largely because of what he did for us ON the field.
Conversely, we're also where we are OFF the field in no small measure because of the effect he had there too.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:44:20 »

I just hope when we do eventually get a new manager it ends the Paolo to return nonsense.

This 100%

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:44:46 »

Can everyone that thinks that PDC's behaviour was completely justified and that he can do no wrong consider a few facts:
- he's not the first STFC manager to have had a player sold against his will at a key stage of the season - Hoddle saw a promotion push in the old Div2 completely fucked by the board selling top scorer Duncan Shearer to our closest rivals for a play-off place one season, and had David Kerslake sold from under him in the same way the season after. He stayed and finished the job, and he didn't get to have an 18 month £4m spending spree in the lead up to it.
- the hypocritical bastard fined, rubbished in the press, or drove out of the club a succession of players for being late or missing training when they were ill, or had family issues, but for some reason it's fine for him, who leads the bloody sessions to miss three days of training because he was having a tantrum.
- and in what way exactly did his position become untenable? What had been done to him that was so terrible? He still had a contract. All his staff were still in place, the new board had accepted the terms of his new contract that he's dropped on them as an ultimatumn before they'd even got their feet under the desk, and they's agreed to pursue the transfer targets that he'd identified. It was hardly their fault that the takeover was delayed a bit. Frankly this might have been the quickest takeover of a football club I've ever fucking seen, so what was the problem?

I'll speculate, seeing as everyone else has. My guess he hasn't been happy since the new chairman was appointed and he stopped being the supreme dictator of all things at the County Ground. He's probably worked out that this is the way things will be in the future, and that the open checkbook, Paolo calling the shoots era is over. So he's stamped off to his room to sulk.

Deep down didn't we all know it was going to end something like this?

Oh and one last thing. Play off spot in League One challenging for promotion doesn't take a messiah. In the last ten years the slightly more prosaic talents of Andy King and Danny Wilson have both managed it, without anything like the "warchest" that PDC has had. There's nothing that Paolo has achieved at the club that others haven't done better before him. Running a tight disciplined ship that delivered a Championship in the bottom league? Macari did it better. Playing sexy attacking football? Ardiles and Hoddle did it better. Giant killing run in the League Cup? Danny Williams of course. Fuck me even McCunt managed to win the championship in this bloody division!

Swindon Town legend? For spending a fortune to bring the club back to where it should have been anyway? I don't think so.

..never go back.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:45:09 »

Whatever his reasons, they aren't going to change. I just hope when we do eventually get a new manager it ends the Paolo to return nonsense.
Despite nobody seemingly knowing his official reasons it hasn't stopped the majority forming an opinion and slating the guy for the last week and a half.

red socks

« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:46:00 »

Conversely, we're also where we are OFF the field in no small measure because of the effect he had there too.
Indeed, and if I could have kept one of Black or PDC I know who I would have wanted for the long term good of the club.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:48:09 »

Indeed, and if I could have kept one of Black or PDC I know who I would have wanted for the long term good of the club.
In fairness, I don't think either of them come out of this well
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:50:05 »

We are where we are OFF the field because Paolo spent money GIVEN to him by Black. It was Black's fault if he wasn't regualting Wray's control of PDC properly. I don't remember Black being forced to sign any of these cheques at gunpoint. Paolo was spending money that as far as he was aware was freely available to him. I'm sure we would all have done the same in his position. It amazes me how Black stated that he wasn't comfortable with Wray being chairman, yet he had no other option. If he was that concerned maybe he should have raised his own involvement levels.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:51:26 »

We are where we are OFF the field because Paolo spent money GIVEN to him by Black. It was Black's fault if he wasn't regualting Wray's control of PDC properly. I don't remember Black being forced to sign any of these cheques at gunpoint. Paolo was spending money that as far as he was aware was freely available to him. I'm sure we would all have done the same in his position. It amazes me how Black stated that he wasn't comfortable with Wray being chairman, yet he had no other option. If he was that concerned maybe he should have raised his own involvement levels.
That's all absolutely true. As I said just above, I don't think any of the main players come out of this well, including and perhaps especially Black
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:54:42 »

That's all absolutely true. As I said just above, I don't think any of the main players come out of this well, including and perhaps especially Black
Fair enough. I just find it incredibly naive that so many people on here blame PDC for what was spent. If the money wasn't there he should have been told that was the case, not led down the garden path to be exposed to some of the vitriol & bollocks I've seen directed at him on here lately.

red socks

« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:58:20 »

Fair enough. I just find it incredibly naive that so many people on here blame PDC for what was spent. If the money wasn't there he should have been told that was the case, not led down the garden path to be exposed to some of the vitriol & bollocks I've seen directed at him on here lately.

It's not so much what was spent, just how it was spent. A lot was wasted signing players we didn't need or use, and his falling out with players has cost us a lot, although I accept with his style of management there will always be some casualties.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:05:33 »

It's not so much what was spent, just how it was spent. A lot was wasted signing players we didn't need or use, and his falling out with players has cost us a lot, although I accept with his style of management there will always be some casualties.
I agree some of his signings weren't great but that has been done to death. Every manager makes bad signings though - a quick search on Arsene Wenger's transfer dealings will back that theory up - so that kind of isn't the point. The general consensus on here seems to be that we were at the foot of the administration door due to PDC'S spending, which isn't the case. He was given money that he was, I'm guessing, told was freely available to spend. He was hardly going to go and open an ISA was he??

Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:15:36 »

Just got off the phone from Phil Spencer.. Without him going into too much detail he said that the position that Paolo was put under made his job untenable, hence the reason why he left. This to me suggests that the new board did not make enough effort to keep Di Canio at the club. That is crazy!!

The club have been informed of the petition and will continue to monitor it accordingly...

SIGN THE PETITION AND START BUILDING THE PRESSURE! WE WANT DI CANIO BACK!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bringpaoloback
Let it go.

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:16:05 »

If results are not similar it won't.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: