Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help to clear snow off frost covers  (Read 21355 times)
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:13:49 »

Last night was a fantastic spectacle. Around 200 Swindon Town fans and staff came together with shovels, spades and wheelbarrows in hand to get the game on!

I spent a good couple of hours working with Town physio Paul Godfrey and i can tell you now, he put a massive shift in! Fair play, top bloke and funny too!

Not that i snuck a word in with the great man but Poalo Di Canio also put a huge shift in. Is there another professional football manager in the world who'd put 6 hours work in to get a game on? I don't think so.

Just so heartening to see. Any prospective new owners at the game today? Hope they've seen what the club means to so many people. We're going places, i can feel it!!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:18:23 »

Afro KAMMY GAME ON ...............NOW

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #137 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:22:38 »

Today is much more than about a game. It is trying to pitch us to investors
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:27:08 »

I'm encouraged by the extent to which Paolo is buying in to the impending sale of the club.  He wants this as much as anyone else.  He looks very personally invested in this process.  I'm almost wondering if the murmurings earlier in the week about his possible involvement in a potential takeover may be true.

I don't normally post my speculations up here, but this one has been gnawing away at me.  Everything that Paolo has done recently seems to show that this is more than a job to him.  It's personal.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #139 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:28:25 »

Since he joined, the last few weeks has only highlighted it in my opinion.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:29:17 »

I'm encouraged by the extent to which Paolo is buying in to the impending sale of the club.  He wants this as much as anyone else.  He looks very personally invested in this process.  I'm almost wondering if the murmurings earlier in the week about his possible involvement in a potential takeover may be true.

I don't normally post my speculations up here, but this one has been gnawing away at me.  Everything that Paolo has done recently seems to show that this is more than a job to him.  It's personal.

It is exactly the way he played the game,every match he played in was full of passion,every match was personal.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:43:12 »

There are very few words to express the love I feel for Paolo di canio.

He's a bloke that had no affiliation to our club before we took him on as manager yet, I feel like he's been a lifelong fan.

He may be mental and spending all our money, but I don't care.

I want him as our manager for as long as possible.

This a thousand times over. How can you not love the bloke. I'd even let him shag my mrs!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:48:42 »

Since he joined, the last few weeks has only highlighted it in my opinion.

He's always said it , but "actions speak louder than words". His recent actions have been deafening us they are so loud!

To be honest I was getting a little pissed of with some aspects of his interviews, his constant call for new players, etc. I honestly thought he'd walk the very instant the shit hit the fan. But he has so far done the opposite, he's dug in. Forza Paolo.
lambourn red

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:52:26 »

And Paolo might still be out there. I saw him about 10.30 with his staff clearing snow off.

There is absolutely no other manager who would do this.

Poor old graham turner would have a coronary at the thought of it, lets give these fuckers a good old stuffing today . A great effort by all i was really not thinking about needing to get out of lambourn today a bit of snow won't stop me getting there.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:55:24 »

He's always said it , but "actions speak louder than words". His recent actions have been deafening us they are so loud!

To be honest I was getting a little pissed of with some aspects of his interviews, his constant call for new players, etc. I honestly thought he'd walk the very instant the shit hit the fan. But he has so far done the opposite, he's dug in. Forza Paolo.

This

Completely this
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:58:04 »

I thought exactly the same Batch. When Patey arrived I thought we wouldn't see Di Canio for dust. He obviously is prepared to work with what he's got, which is what I wanted to see him do. It also encourages me when I read things like the article about Roberts recently where he and PDC sat down and talked through how he could get better, as opposed to be him being chucked out on loan to some God-forsaken northern L2 outpost. I think he's constantly evolving as a manager and does learn from his mistakes. He's clearly read some of my (constructive) criticism and taken it on board  Wink Credit where due.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #146 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:58:17 »

A massive well done to everyone that helped clear the pitch, brilliant turn around in prospects, looking forward to another 5 goals for us today Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 09:03:33 »

I dunno, he had that difficult time with his parents passing and still refused an adequate amount of time off. He always speaks of a united club, fans, players, other staff and everyone in between. Let the tea boy sit on the bench at Wembley. Hear of him putting in monster hours behind the scenes.

I think we have all (myself included) given him less credit than probably what he is due. As I said in another thread, when was the last time we had a manager who worked so hard? I'm only 28 years old but I can't think of one.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 09:08:58 »

Fair point Si Pie, fair point. I think the difference for me is that most of that (parents aside) was when things were going as he wanted off the pitch.

This time it isn't.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 09:11:40 »

FWIW, I don't think the parents passing away issue has much bearing at all on how he's gone about his job.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: