Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town most successful Football League Club 2012  (Read 5041 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 10:45:48 »

Has anyone actually checked those stats?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 10:58:20 »

Nobody appears to be getting worked up to me. Showing slight concern at the lack of news re: stadium development; yes.

Nick Watkins said in his Tranmere programme notes that there won't be any announcement until the Spring so Patey saying there's no news during his interview on New Year's Day was not really surprising.

Yeah i know - who reads Watkins' proggy notes?!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 10:59:11 »

Nobody appears to be getting worked up to me. Showing slight concern at the lack of news re: stadium development; yes.

TEF Law: Slight pessimism/questioning the board = going into meltdown
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 10:59:11 »

Nick Watkins said in his Tranmere programme notes that there won't be any announcement until the Spring so Patey saying there's no news during his interview on New Year's Day was not really surprising.

Yeah i know - who reads Watkins' proggy notes?!

You do?

What's my prize?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 11:03:33 »

You do?

What's my prize?

Only occasionally honest. No prize just be content with getting a correct answer.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 11:31:25 »

I agree.  The Manager delivered in 2012, and seems to have a plan for the next stage of delivery - the goal being promotion to the Championship.  But the lack of progress/news with regard to ground redevelopment is starting to stand out.  We must be one of only a handful of clubs that has done precisely nothing to its stadium (OK, we rent it) during the last 15 years.  Without improvements to the ground - which, much as we all love it, is essentially a 1970s ground with 1990s bolt ons - we will not be able to move to the next level, regardless of what happens on the pitch.

This is one of the reasons I was disappointed with the Chairman's comments on Saturday.  Maybe there are plans out there that are being kept under wraps for good reason - and I hope that's the case.  But SWP's comments at the weekend did make it sound as if, yet again, the issue of ground redevelopment had been kicked in to the long grass.

As I've always said on redevelopment/new ground....believe it when you see it and not before. Especially atm, when the local economy is mightily screwed. There was recent stat that the average wage in Swindon is well below the national average....
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/10132012.Swindon_salaries_among_lowest_in_the_UK/

That is for people in work....Swindon has a significant underclass funded by the benefit system, many of whom will receive a mighty wake up call in 2013..when Tory cuts start to really kick in.

It's against this background that capital projects have more or less dried up in Swindon since 2008...the bottom line is however desirable, in the real world there is little point in redevelopment. 

The original consortium of Black/Fitton/Wray/Arbib etc said if we weren't in the Championship within 3 years they would have failed....this was then extended to 5 years, which is where we are now. It loooks like that's the time scale, and now a turn for someone else to take it on.

It might be a good time to resurrect the Trust...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 11:54:18 »

Surely the most succesfull club was Reading/Saints or whoever it was that essentially won the football league.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 11:55:04 »

Such a shit stirrer. 5/10 for that one.

[url width=460 height=338]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwopoh3vhr1qbkjyfo1_500.gif[/url]
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 12:02:14 »

Maybe thats why pauld came back ........ He saw a vision that involved him leading us back to glory from the financial abyss via a plan concocted in the trustmobile!?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 12:06:57 »

Such a shit stirrer. 5/10 for that one.

Think you've got to be one complacent cunt, not to be a bit concerned by recent events, especially given our history. Surely it is far better to have a Trust that is ready to be proactive to events, rather than left behind by events.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 12:26:59 »

Maybe thats why pauld came back ........ He saw a vision that involved him leading us back to glory from the financial abyss via a plan concocted in the trustmobile!?

For the Trust to work, you need people of talent and ability, who are prepared to put their head above the parapet, in return for no thanks and probably a lot of abuse.

I recall Paul, rallying the relatively few faithful down at the old railway museum, on some dank night, a few years ago now.

Thinking about it now, it was reminiscent  of Lenin's speech at Petrograd station in 1917....

Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 12:28:37 »

Thinking about it now, it was reminiscent  of Lenin's speech at Petrograd station in 1917....

Were you there for that as well?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 12:43:58 »

Were you there for that as well?

Sadly not...if only fB had invented the time machine.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 16:36:57 »

Has anyone actually checked those stats?

Yes, me, and this bloke

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/01/02/woeful-2012-for-qpr-points-to-unlucky-2013-and-relegation-020101/
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 16:47:14 by Shaw Rosso » Logged
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 16:41:13 »

Surely the most succesfull club was Reading/Saints or whoever it was that essentially won the football league.

The stats allow for the whole of 2012 which would mean the win, lose and draws etc worked out from 1st January 2012 (when we went on something of a splendid run after Turkey away) up until 31st December 2012 when we sat 5th in the league after a 5-0 trouncing of Tranmere. Something like that anyway
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: