Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cavity wall-loft insulation  (Read 7362 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 13:43:15 »

Condensation free today. Vents did the trick it would appear.  Go to dampshopdirect.co. uk who are swindon based or they are available from ebay.there is a video on YouTube that shows how easy they are to fit too.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 21:32:36 »

On the subject of loft insulation, I sorted mine out at the weekend and finally got around to properly lagging the sections of metal pipe work that weren't properly lagged.  Anyway...quick question, or two.  What's the consensus (if any) on how to set the thermostat if you're going away for a few days in winter?  I've heard anything from 5°C (seems low) to 15°C (seems a bit high).  The other hint I've heard is to leave the loft hatch slightly open as well to get some warmer air in the loft space.  Any other tips?

Many thanks.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 21:44:22 »

I normally leave ours on around 15 when we have been away for Christmas. My parents have just gone to Spain until mid Jan so I pop round every other day to check the house and adjust the stat accordingly, have you got a neighbour/friend who could do that for you?
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 23:13:57 »

Condensation free today. Vents did the trick it would appear.  Go to dampshopdirect.co. uk who are swindon based or they are available from ebay.there is a video on YouTube that shows how easy they are to fit too.

Cheers Arriba. Ordered some of these last week and fitted them at the weekend. Will give it a few days before I check but I'm hoping this has sorted the problem.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 09:30:29 »

I normally leave ours on around 15 when we have been away for Christmas. My parents have just gone to Spain until mid Jan so I pop round every other day to check the house and adjust the stat accordingly, have you got a neighbour/friend who could do that for you?

Thanks Notts.  Parents just up the road, and will be calling in every few days.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: