Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650206 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2160 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 12:28:17 »

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/731424-football-giant-in-new-alliance-with-web-developer.html

And Kamara selling his soul....

Ignore
« Reply #2161 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 20:44:07 »

Some west brom scrote coining Chris brunt.  Skinny little twat by the looks of him. Thinks he's a hooligan as he wears stone island and Ralph Lauren.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2162 on: Sunday, February 21, 2016, 17:44:36 »

The Man City side out today in the FA cup.

Surely there should be a rule in this competition if there is one in the JPT.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2163 on: Sunday, February 21, 2016, 19:22:30 »

The Man City side out today in the FA cup.

Surely there should be a rule in this competition if there is one in the JPT.
Much as it pains me to defend City is was somewhat wank of the FA to agree to move the game to Sunday late afternoon for telly when they have an away game in the Ukraine on Wednesday.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2164 on: Sunday, February 21, 2016, 20:01:09 »

Much as it pains me to defend City is was somewhat wank of the FA to agree to move the game to Sunday late afternoon for telly when they have an away game in the Ukraine on Wednesday.

Up to a point. Why have UEFA split their quarter final first legs over two weeks, instead of having them all last week with the second leg in a fortnight time?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #2165 on: Sunday, February 21, 2016, 20:13:54 »

If the Premier League clubs want their winter break why not clear out the whole of January for the FA Cup (including replays) and have no PL games. It could be like domestic cricket does with T20 and would generate more interest with no distraction of league games. Over 5 weeks in Jan/early Feb you could fit in 3 rounds easily

If clubs want to rest players and not take it seriously they can and bugger off on overseas tour if they go out early. Without league games for a 4-5 weeks they might want to play more of their better players to not loose too much sharpness.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2166 on: Sunday, February 21, 2016, 20:37:17 »

The 'winter break' is just an excuse to go off to sunnier places and earn more money playing a 'friendly'. In the UK, we could have a cold spell any time between November and February. I would laugh my head off if they had their 'winter break' when the weather was good, but came back and then the UK had a cold spell, and then they had games postponed, then complained about 'fixture backlog'.

You cannot win with the big clubs. I cannot believe there was all this moaning when in the early 80's when Liverpool were winning the title, playing 42 league games, winning the League Cup multiples times, FA Cup and European Cup with the same squad of players.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2167 on: Sunday, February 21, 2016, 20:51:01 »

The 'winter break' is just an excuse to go off to sunnier places and earn more money playing a 'friendly'. In the UK, we could have a cold spell any time between November and February. I would laugh my head off if they had their 'winter break' when the weather was good, but came back and then the UK had a cold spell, and then they had games postponed, then complained about 'fixture backlog'.

You cannot win with the big clubs. I cannot believe there was all this moaning when in the early 80's when Liverpool were winning the title, playing 42 league games, winning the League Cup multiples times, FA Cup and European Cup with the same squad of players.

And on worse pitches and with less substitutions.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2168 on: Sunday, February 21, 2016, 20:55:51 »

... and on more booze and unhealthy diets.

Has any one tried watching games from their childhood? The games that made you love football in the first place? It's largely terrible.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2169 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 00:00:29 »

Arsenal Fans! Now there is a set of moany bitter 'customers'. Some of them make our fans look positively normal..... Piers Morgan a case in point!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2170 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 07:06:53 »

Amd fatbury
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2171 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 08:16:32 »

Arsenal Fans! Now there is a set of moany bitter 'customers'. Some of them make our fans look positively normal..... Piers Morgan a case in point!

The funny thing is that for years the joke has always been that Spurs fans were whining bastards who thought they always deserved better and that their club, should spend more, sack the manager and generally be better and bigger than they actually were - and this tended to be grasped by Arsenal fans as proof that they were the better, bigger and more historical club as they didn't act like this.

But now Arsenal fans seem to be morphing into Spurs fans, I was travelling last night but I suspect that once again social media was full of whining, Wenger out messages etc....

The fact that Piers Morgan is involved just makes it funnier!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2172 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 17:55:45 »

FWIW I am a Spurs fan by birth: my family are from Tottenham, my Dad went to school on White Hart Lane, and I was brought up to hate Arsenal with the same venom I do Oxford, City, Etc.

But I would never, ever, do them the disservice of associating Piers Morgan with them.  Literally no one deserves that. Suicide

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #2173 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 18:13:46 »

FWIW I am a Spurs fan by birth: my family are from Tottenham, my Dad went to school on White Hart Lane, and I was brought up to hate Arsenal with the same venom I do Oxford, City, Etc.

But I would never, ever, do them the disservice of associating Piers Morgan with them.  Literally no one deserves that. Suicide
Am I the only one who thinks there are far bigger cunts out there than Piers Morgan?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2174 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 18:25:20 »

Am I the only one who thinks there are far bigger cunts out there than Piers Morgan?

Welsh ones don't count  Cheesy

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: