Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629075 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 22:08:56 »

In a word, money.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:29:38 »

Yep.  Good to see big headlines today on BBC sport that Man U have reuced their debt to only £359.7 million as a result of floating on the new york stock exchange.

Thats allright then isnt it.  Makes poxfords £33m debt seem like a drop in an ocean of piss.

Never knowingly overstated.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 19:39:23 »

The business plan is to go bust and pay back non-football creditors a tiny percentage of what they actually owe.

Genius really.
We are in no position to criticise though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 22:33:07 »

Yep.  Good to see big headlines today on BBC sport that Man U have reuced their debt to only £359.7 million as a result of floating on the new york stock exchange.

Thats allright then isnt it.  Makes poxfords £33m debt seem like a drop in an ocean of piss.
Surely it must be up to at least £38m by now?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 23:20:33 »

They've dipped under the 33m mark by 75 pence.  They paid off some debts when they floated on the Witney stock exchange.  Timmy Mallet bought them.

Never knowingly overstated.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 23:28:55 »

Paying Lee Cox's £20k a week wages must be taking its toll on them by now?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 12:55:50 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/15/michael-johnson-released-manchester-city

This sums it all up - on £40k a week and hasn't played for 3 years, finally paid up. Leaving aside the obscenity of the financial side, what a waste of talent. If he hadn't had that massive pay deal too early, maybe wouldn't have thought he'd "made it" already and may have actually made something of himself. Too many stories like this because there's far too much money (most of it wasted) at the top end of English football
Barry Scott

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 13:01:49 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/15/michael-johnson-released-manchester-city

This sums it all up - on £40k a week and hasn't played for 3 years, finally paid up. Leaving aside the obscenity of the financial side, what a waste of talent. If he hadn't had that massive pay deal too early, maybe wouldn't have thought he'd "made it" already and may have actually made something of himself. Too many stories like this because there's far too much money (most of it wasted) at the top end of English football

I remember when he first came on to the scene, he was amazing. He reminded me of a more athletic Lampard and I expected him to be the future of England's midfield - when I gave a shit.

I read about him a few months back as I suddenly thought, what happened to that ace young midfielder at Man City? only to read about how he was now a bit of a waster. Obviously we don't know the full circumstances, and it's easy to blame wages, but eh, likely his own fault, and wasn't truly cut out to get his head down and get on with it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 13:13:11 »

Those pics are just staggering.  Take two pictures of someone 5 years apart, and you'd generally expect to be able to tell it was the same person in both...even if they would have aged a little.  I simply cannot see any resemblance there.

And back to the main point...what business does any 19 year old have earning an annual salary of £2 million anyway?  It's all wrong.  How can the people involved in clubs like these actually believe in what they are doing when money like that is changing hands?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 13:21:00 »

Those pics are just staggering.  Take two pictures of someone 5 years apart, and you'd generally expect to be able to tell it was the same person in both...even if they would have aged a little.  I simply cannot see any resemblance there.

And back to the main point...what business does any 19 year old have earning an annual salary of £2 million anyway?  It's all wrong.  How can the people involved in clubs like these actually believe in what they are doing when money like that is changing hands?

I think that you have probably hit it on the head Ardiles. My old flatmate who has contacts at Man U, told me of so many stories of astounding talents at Man Utd who have just totally wasted what they had and slowly fallen out of the game. I guess for some, once they see a massive monthly salary, they feel they don't have to work any more.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 13:21:26 »

think the Guardian have deliberately chosen the picture that shows the biggest difference

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14329051
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 17:33:17 »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8398890/Blue-Square-Bet-Premier-chiefs-could-discuss-Rangers-joining-the-division

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/official-who-urged-joleon-lescott-to-applaud-62-manchester-city-fans-axed-from-fa-cup-duty-8451583.html
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 17:35:50 by bigbobjoylove » Logged
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 17:39:44 »

What's wrong with football? Players/officials harassing referees to get players sent off for a pretty tame one-footed tackle! Skip straight to 53 mins 20 secs to watch it all unfold!!

Steve Evans is such a twat. Glad we twatted them 6-0 over two games last season!

EDIT: also watch on as David 'believes he's Jesus' Prutton does absolutely nothing to stick up for his team-mates! All in it together eh lads! That's why i love McCormack, like an Irish bare-knuckle boxer fighting for his family's honour, he's straight in there everytime things get tasty!!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 17:42:53 by dphunt88 » Logged

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 17:41:52 »

Players have been pissing careers up the wall, since the beginning of football....money isn't really anything to do with it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 19:34:13 »

That Crawley match summed up the whole season.....gutless.

Smith got crunched off the ball and the players did nothing....terrible season..

I did enjoy the crushing victory at Crawley last season...have that you fat crooked cunt.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: