Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Speedway  (Read 40305 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 18:59:21 »

He was on the radio earlier but I missed it. Anyone else hear him?
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2012, 22:27:22 »

Massive shame last night had to be postponed. Should be a cracking two matches next week. Come along if you can next Monday, it would be great to see the place packed to the rafters. This EL final is probably one of the tightest and hardest to predict for years.

The playoffs have thrown up some incredible drama over the years... Like this in 2010. If Rosco can master plan a win for us like he did with Coventry a couple of years ago, most speedway supporters over the UK will be very happy indeed.

It was the big upset in this match that kick started the winter of discontent in 2010/2011 off season for the Elite League and one of the many reasons why quite a few people dislike Poole. Seeing them flop in the final will be very satisfying indeed.

As for Sir Leigh, he's still in Aus recovering at home. Confined to a wheel chair still, he says he has reasonable movement in his right leg but his left is still not responding as we'll as hoped. He spent the beginning of this year at project walk in America, an intensive rehab clinic where they also taught his wife how to help continue with the training at home. The other month he had some pretty massive surgery on his back to remove the metal rods supporting his spine which has aided his general movement and flexability. Apart from that, the guy seems pretty good, getting on with his life, watching his kids growing up and running junior speedway training sessions. The guy was my hero when I was growing up and even more so these days after what he's been through. Legend.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:38:16 »

Its on tonight! Sky Sports 2, that's the channel immediately after the Disney channel (there is some mickey mouse shit on SS1).
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:41:26 »

Its on tonight! Sky Sports 2, that's the channel immediately after the Disney channel (there is some mickey mouse shit on SS1).

Cheers...forgot about this.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:46:56 »

Good start from the Robins 10-2 up after heat 2, Holder up next for Poole
nochee

« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:20:23 »

I've never been to the speedway but always wanted to go. Everyone I know that does go absolutely love it and always mention the smell of the fuel being "wonderful"

What's happening next Monday then? Is it still part of the play offs? Are the play offs similar to the football with 2 teams playing home and away?

I might pop along and take a look. Could be the right time to jump on the bandwagon
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:22:32 »

Um, its tonight and Wednesday isn't it. Not sure what's happening on week Monday.
nochee

« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:25:14 »

I'm only going by what matey a few posts up said. If I'm there on my own it would be a shite bandwagon to climb on
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:27:16 »

Some of those posts are a week old Smiley

There seems to be some Elite league Rider championship on Saturday though ?

http://www.swindonrobins.co/fixtures12.php
nochee

« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:29:28 »

Some of those posts are a week old Smiley

There seems to be some Elite league Rider championship on Saturday though ?

http://www.swindonrobins.co/fixtures12.php

Ahaha  Embarrassed
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 20:04:48 »

Swindon were 18 points up now its down to 8 With 2 races to go. Poole normally finish strong but the Robins could really do with a 10 point lead going into the away leg. Been some great races tonight.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 20:06:31 »

Great racing. Stupid double tactical ride changed things Sad

And its just gone Pete Tong in heat 14.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 20:10:37 »

Great racing. Stupid double tactical ride changed things Sad

And its just gone Pete Tong in heat 14.
didnt know about a double tactical ride, was trying to explain to the wife after the 1st one and said they can only use it once! You just know this is going to end in a draw which would be a bit of a disaster for Swindon considering the start they had.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 20:11:33 »

didnt know about a double tactical ride, was trying to explain to the wife after the 1st one and said they can only use it once! You just know this is going to end in a draw which would be a bit of a disaster for Swindon considering the start they had.

I'm learning too. Apparently at 12 points down you get 2. Silly sport Smiley
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 20:16:13 »

First bit of luck for a few races, Swindon will now win the 1st leg so not so bad.
Be nice to get a 5-1 on the last race.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: