Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread  (Read 66328 times)
corner

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 05:04:25 »

Poor old Aden seems to get blamed for quite a bit by Di Canio.  Other than Aldershot away last season, I can't recall him making a major mistake.  Was he anymore to blame than Ward?

You can't blame either player we had a good CB pairing flint and McCormack the manager put two players together who don't know each other and expected it it work just like that.....
tin town

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 05:23:56 »

I thought the players had to be match fit to play.  Crying Crying

I can remember when you could leave your back door unlocked
Dozno9

« Reply #482 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 06:06:18 »

Rooney played on the wing last night with Williams up top, I thought they'd be better suited if they swapped positions. Wasn't Wiliams a winger at Shrewsbury Yeovil?
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 08:09:22 by Azza » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 06:16:37 »

Rooney played on the wing last night with Williams up top, I thought they'd be better suited if they swapped positions. Wasn't Wiliams a winger at Shrewsbury?
yeovil, collins came from shrews

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 07:18:01 »

Fods - 7 - had one real save of note to make and did it well, also a great save from a deflection but it was offside anyway. Could do nothing for the goal.

Devera - 5 - couldn't really beat his man and just had an average game.
Macca - 6 - Did fine, not much if anything got past him. Solid.
Ward - 4 - Started off well enough but seemed to get worse and then ran into Flint for the goal.
Bessone - 8 - Solid in the tackle, great anticipation, good heading, good pace and was always offering going forward.

A. Rooney - 5 - Not a right midfielder.
Ferry - 7 - Tenacious and bang up for it.
Coke - 7 - Touch of class about this guy, strong in the air and classy with the ball at his feet. Seemed to have a slight groin strain when he went off I think.
RDV - 6 - Did fine, better first half than in the second.

Williams - 6.5 - Worked hard as per usual, really should have got a shot away after that great run from the halfway line.
Benson 6.5 - New partnership seemed link up quite well, don't think he had much opportunity in front of goal.

Flint - 5 - wasn't really on for very long, very very harsh to blame him for the goal.
Bostock - 6 - We started to get some joy on the right, finally started running with the ball, couple of half chances.
Miller - 6 - Solid and kept it calm.

When I saw the line up, I figured Williams would play out wide seeing as he has previous experience at Yeovil, it really didn't work with Rooney out there to be honest.
We had plenty of chances to be out of sight by half time. Coke and Rooney with probably the best two. In the second half neither team really created anything clear cut and Wes only had one real save to make from a long range free kick, which he tipped over the bar. Solid game for Wes, no messing about when kicking, no fluffing his lines, back to good old Wes.
Says it all that their goal came from us handing it to them on a plate. They were after penalties and not much else.

We'll be fine for Saturday. I think Coke and Bessone warrant starts out of the new guys and if Ritchie isn't fit, I'd seriously consider giving Luke Rooney a try, we can't afford to play without 2 natural wingers.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kaufman

« Reply #485 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 07:38:23 »

It's a Kick in the teeth but don't worry we'll have another chance, we've beaten them enough times over the years and remember, nobody ever really wins the football

random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 07:45:02 »

Fods - 7 - had one real save of note to make and did it well, also a great save from a deflection but it was offside anyway. Could do nothing for the goal.

Devera - 5 - couldn't really beat his man and just had an average game.
Macca - 6 - Did fine, not much if anything got past him. Solid.
Ward - 4 - Started off well enough but seemed to get worse and then ran into Flint for the goal.
Bessone - 8 - Solid in the tackle, great anticipation, good heading, good pace and was always offering going forward.

A. Rooney - 5 - Not a right midfielder.
Ferry - 7 - Tenacious and bang up for it.
Coke - 7 - Touch of class about this guy, strong in the air and classy with the ball at his feet. Seemed to have a slight groin strain when he went off I think.
RDV - 6 - Did fine, better first half than in the second.

Williams - 6.5 - Worked hard as per usual, really should have got a shot away after that great run from the halfway line.
Benson 6.5 - New partnership seemed link up quite well, don't think he had much opportunity in front of goal.

Flint - 5 - wasn't really on for very long, very very harsh to blame him for the goal.
Bostock - 6 - We started to get some joy on the right, finally started running with the ball, couple of half chances.
Miller - 6 - Solid and kept it calm.

When I saw the line up, I figured Williams would play out wide seeing as he has previous experience at Yeovil, it really didn't work with Rooney out there to be honest.
We had plenty of chances to be out of sight by half time. Coke and Rooney with probably the best two. In the second half neither team really created anything clear cut and Wes only had one real save to make from a long range free kick, which he tipped over the bar. Solid game for Wes, no messing about when kicking, no fluffing his lines, back to good old Wes.
Says it all that their goal came from us handing it to them on a plate. They were after penalties and not much else.

We'll be fine for Saturday. I think Coke and Bessone warrant starts out of the new guys and if Ritchie isn't fit, I'd seriously consider giving Luke Rooney a try, we can't afford to play without 2 natural wingers.

Good post Benzel, decent update for those of us who couldn't make it last night, without banging on about the Oxford/Swindon thing..

Apparently Ritchie should be fit for Orient.. Some winnable games coming up and a chance for us to put last night behind us.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 07:56:50 »

I've only just realised that it was Adam Rooney on the right wing and not Luke Rooney. That doesn't sound on paper (of course I wasn't there) like a very good idea at all.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 07:57:04 »

I'm just hoping that we put this right and PDC doesn't become the new Tinkerman
Dozno9

« Reply #489 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 08:08:29 »

yeovil, collins came from shrews

Oh yeah, always get those mixed up.
kerry red

« Reply #490 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 08:27:21 »

Would have thought that when Roberts, Archie, Ritchie etc are back we'll have very little to worry about.

The similarities to the start of last season are spooky - let's hope the remainder follows the same script
Dozno9

« Reply #491 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 08:30:40 »

I've only just realised that it was Adam Rooney on the right wing and not Luke Rooney. That doesn't sound on paper (of course I wasn't there) like a very good idea at all.

It wasn't. Rooney is built like an out house with no pace but a good touch and Williams has loads of pace and good control so I would have swapped them over. I think Williams could probably do with a game not up front to get his confidence up because up top it's not working for him at the moment.

Wes' kicking was superb last night (and there was loads to do). Wilder played his front 2 with a pushing midfield in the same was as he did the last 2 times. We were passing accross at the back but only 10/15 yards from outside our box and then we were limited to long balls to Benson or putting it wide. Without any wingers or full backs on the right hand side we were restricted to the halfway line and midfield was the only outlet with Ferry running well with Coke also playing it simple (although he looked nervous).

We didn't really have any decent chances of note but we kept the ball well but played too deep trying to deal with their hoofball which was fairly noticable throughout the whole game.

Bessone played well although never overlapped really and left De Vita to do all the work.

We did ok but a lot of huff and puff but just lacked a bit of class, not helped by too many changes to the team.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 08:34:18 »

I really hoped this was going to be Coke-zero.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 08:37:30 »

If I could get my hands on the cunt with the laser pen.......
Dozno9

« Reply #494 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 08:44:04 »

If I could get my hands on the cunt with the laser pen.......

Pikey dicks. I wonder if they're there every game.

I remember the old Wycombe ground (before they built the big stand) with people sat on the hill with a great view.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: