Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Apologise or get out  (Read 55233 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 09:54:01 »

We need a Nemo-style bullet point summary.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 09:56:08 »

What was this one about?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kerry red

« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 09:56:47 »

Expects a good performance even if he puts out the same XI

Will be a great atmospere (from Swindon fans,not Oxford!!!)

Any debut players will be wanting to impress

Reading between the lines it's as if he knows that if there's a huge fall out it is followed by a big performance.

Surely he hasn't done all this just to ensure we stuff the Pox?

SSN seem to think we are playing tonite

And for the first time on SSN they mentioned Chris Wilder - fucking limelight hogging cunt
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 10:03:41 by kerry red » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 11:31:15 »

If you haven't already, I'd strongly recommend everyone takes a look at the latest article on the Washbag.

Paolo di Canio's Uncertainty Principle

If there is a better summing up of the big man's approach out there, I'll be amazed.

Did Paolo really once hit Ron Atkinson as suggested, if thats the case I love him that little bit more.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 11:33:55 »

Well, it's in Di Canio's autobiography. Can't remember the exact wording but they came to blows. Which is pretty much the way most chapters end.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 11:58:30 »

Apologies if this has already been mentioned....

There was a 15 minute section on the 'incident' on Radio 5's Monday Night Club tonight including an interview with Wray. Available on iPlayer (starts at 1h39m);

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mdgqq/5_live_Sport_The_Monday_Night_Club_03_09_2012/

After it (not on the above clip) John Motson said he has some man love (my words) going on for Paolo. Making the point that everyone says we need characters in the game to make it interesting and it's hypocritical if we then have a go at them when it all blows up and turns to shit.

Coming to this rather late...but just listened to this over lunch.  The importance of the Chairman/Manager relationship has been touched on many times before - but you can really see how it is that Jeremy Wray and PDC work together.  As the Washbag article points out, how will the dynamic work, though, when results are not going our way?  Time will tell (although, hopefully, not too soon.)

Over all, a great piece of radio - and, again, a great interview from our Chairman who, I hope, will be with us for many years to come.  (PDC will be gone one day, but we'll need to hold on to Jeremy Wray for the longer term.  No doubt about it.)  I'm glad I listened.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:14:22 »

Cheese? I fucking hate cheese. Faecal matter of Stan (unless it is on a pizza of course).

Edited to correct basic spelling error Doh
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:17:57 by fuzzy » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:18:36 »

Cheese? I fucking hate cheese. Faecal matter of Stan (unless it is on a pizza of course).

Edited to correct basic spelling error Doh

Get out.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:18:55 »

Urgh, Stan.

Things get better but they never get good
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:27:40 »

Stan Bush? Stan Marsh?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 18:15:37 »

Stan Andy- Liver, surely  Hmmm

No one is Innocent...
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 18:31:31 »

The importance of the Chairman/Manager relationship has been touched on many times before - but you can really see how it is that Jeremy Wray and PDC work together.  As the Washbag article points out, how will the dynamic work, though, when results are not going our way?  Time will tell (although, hopefully, not too soon.)

I've thought for some time that Paolo needs Swindon as much as Swindon needs Paolo. The club were at a low point and needed a manager to reinvigorate the club, to raise morale (for the fans as well as the club) and to get it moving in the right direction. Whilst Paolo needed a club that would put up with him. Thought the Wray interview went some way to confirming this.

Not sure about Paolo actually learning anything or improving, as Wray seemed to suggest. Paolo is just as bad as he's always been and I really don't see that changing - is there really much difference between the person who went off on one on Sunday and the person who sat down on the pitch and sulked when he didn't get the penalties he thought he'd won all those years ago at West Ham?

I'm not complaining though as it's great fun. I'll take Paolo over Paul fucking Hart any day of the week.

I spoke with a West Ham fan when Paolo first took over, whose views on him were akin to god worship. I really didn't get it - a good player with an attitude but I just didn't understand why they held him in such high regard. I do now.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 18:33:39 by jonny72 » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 18:34:48 »

That is a great read and as it rightly, and worryingly, notes Di Canio has yet to fall out with the board. It would seem to be only a matter of time, and there'll only be one winner in that one.
Yep, brilliant article. He will fall out with the Board at some point though, it's almost inevitable and the only logical conclusion if he carries on in the same vein (which he will). Hopefully we'll be back in the Championship before that happens.
kerry red

« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 18:38:32 »

But can his management style work higher up the food chain?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 18:47:28 »

But can his management style work higher up the food chain?
If he stays with us, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: