Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 110036 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 13:37:42 »

I don't know how a Crawley fans have the nerve to come out and say "Swindon are a small club" if we're small then what they hell are they? They are smaller than someone's bollock.

I would say we are a medium sized club, I wouldn't say small at all, we are one of the biggest clubs in League 1, only Sheffield Utd, Coventry and Portsmouth are bigger in my opinion.

Crawley can only dream of being in the premier league, more chance of them being back in the conference within 5 years than even getting anywhere near the championship let alone the Premier League.

They seem to forget we have a lot of history and have won a domestic cup and been in the premier league which is more than they will ever achieve in their entire history.

These Crawley fans should get back in the minibus with their other few hundred fans and go and do the YMCA in Brighton.

And go and play with that bellend that rings every time you score.

We've had this debate many a time on the TEF, but we are in fact a small club....one of many in the lower reaches of the FL.  That includes Crawley
Flashheart

« Reply #931 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 13:44:41 »

We've had this debate many a time on the TEF, but we are in fact a small club....one of many in the lower reaches of the FL.  That includes Crawley

Roll Eyes

You'd have us playing on Buckhurst Park if you had your way Reg.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 13:58:01 »

Roll Eyes

You'd have us playing on Buckhurst Park if you had your way Reg.

Would make a decent site for a new ground, apart from lack of pubs, chip shop etc.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:04:17 »

This is traditionally our level, with some brief forays to the league above and some briefer visits to the one below. We are an average third tier club historically, with only one piece of silverware and one top flight season to shout about.

I'd have us below notts county, sheff utd, preston, oldham, coventry and portsmouth - on par with Brentford.

And I'll finally counter all of the above by saying that the argument about size is the most pointless, futile and idiotically biased debate you can get into about a football club.

Things get better but they never get good
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:11:00 »

Would make a decent site for a new ground, apart from lack of pubs, chip shop etc.

Thoug I am sure we could persuade Lou Macari to open a Swindon branch nearby Light Bulb
westyorksnffc

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:12:35 »

You had better treat simon cox well, that bloke is a fucking legend, if you meet him ask him if he still has his anti oxford tshirt the trust boys gave him.

Cox looks bloody fantastic at the moment, did you see his goal against Wigan last week, brought the ball down from a goal kick, turned one defender, nut-megged the next, and hit a 30-yard screamer in to the top left hand corner.  With him, Billy Sharp and Dexter Blackstock up front we may have a chance of top 6 again this season.

As for the t-shirt, I'm sure I'll see him at the players dinner at the end of the season, if I remember I'll ask him for you.

Forest 'til I die, but a closet Town follower!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #936 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:15:09 »

Cox looks bloody fantastic at the moment, did you see his goal against Wigan last week, brought the ball down from a goal kick, turned one defender, nut-megged the next, and hit a 30-yard screamer in to the top left hand corner.
You will get used to him trying these efforts and often succeeding.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DRS

« Reply #937 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:15:38 »

Cox looks bloody fantastic at the moment, did you see his goal against Wigan last week, brought the ball down from a goal kick, turned one defender, nut-megged the next, and hit a 30-yard screamer in to the top left hand corner.  With him, Billy Sharp and Dexter Blackstock up front we may have a chance of top 6 again this season.

As for the t-shirt, I'm sure I'll see him at the players dinner at the end of the season, if I remember I'll ask him for you.
Did you ever see his goals against Fenerbache and against Walsall
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #938 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:31:50 »

The goal by Coxy against Wigwam.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 14:45:45 »

I watched the highlights of the League Cup recently and there were some absolute belters scored in the Forest v Wigan game. Figueroa's went like an absolute missile into the top corner.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Coca Fola

« Reply #940 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 15:24:34 »

This is traditionally our level, with some brief forays to the league above and some briefer visits to the one below. We are an average third tier club historically, with only one piece of silverware and one top flight season to shout about.

I'd have us below notts county, sheff utd, preston, oldham, coventry and portsmouth - on par with Brentford.

And I'll finally counter all of the above by saying that the argument about size is the most pointless, futile and idiotically biased debate you can get into about a football club.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 15:46:23 »

Can anyone find that complete league table that looks at all clubs and all seasons.  That'll tell us where we are...and how close Brentford are!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 15:46:50 »

It's a very astute comparison.....down the years we've played Brentford 110 times in all comps..edging the wins 44 to 37, with 29 draws. They've spent a bit more time in the top flight, but also a bit more in Div 4, to balance it out.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 15:50:27 »

Can anyone find that complete league table that looks at all clubs and all seasons.  That'll tell us where we are...and how close Brentford are!

We're 45th, higher than I thought we'd be. Though I think this is based purely on a WLD basis, with no regard for leagues played in.

Co-incidently, Brentford are 43rd. Suck it

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/all-time-table

Things get better but they never get good
Coca Fola

« Reply #944 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 15:54:36 »

I'm sorry but Brentford are not bigger than us. When were their top flight seasons by the way? I only look at a club's postwar record when comparing size, otherwise the likes of Bury can be called a big club.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: