Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lance Armstrong  (Read 20980 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 18:22:39 »

So it appears Armstrong has decided to come clean and admit to the cheating.

I know some stick up for him especially for his charity work, but to me the bloke is a twat and shouldn't be let anywhere near competitive sport ever again. This wasn't just a bit of cheating; it was spread over many years, bringing others on board, followed by years of lying about it including taking people to court and accepting damages from them.

He's had plenty of chances to admit to it. Why wait until now? Sounds like he's only done it so he can compete in triathlons (or whatever he does). No doubt the choice of using Oprah was made due to the fat pay check he'll be getting for it.
absolutely spot on.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 18:27:34 »

Armstrong is a complete fraud. Wanker of the highest order. A bully too. Glad he's been caught, I just feel sorry for riders who weren't doping.

The irish reporter was correct all along, the transformation of average rider pre cancer and super human post illness was never possible without drugs.

Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 18:44:54 »

So it appears Armstrong has decided to come clean and admit to the cheating.

I know some stick up for him especially for his charity work, but to me the bloke is a twat and shouldn't be let anywhere near competitive sport ever again. This wasn't just a bit of cheating; it was spread over many years, bringing others on board, followed by years of lying about it including taking people to court and accepting damages from them.

He's had plenty of chances to admit to it. Why wait until now? Sounds like he's only done it so he can compete in triathlons (or whatever he does). No doubt the choice of using Oprah was made due to the fat pay check he'll be getting for it.

100%
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 18:58:19 »

I'd agree except he's now made himself look a twat by not fighting the charges. Reminds me of a 5 year old saying I'm not playing anymore and taking his ball home as his side is losing and can't win. Not exactly in keeping with his image.

If he's innocent he should fight it, if guilty he should admit it. Otherwise history will remember him as a cheat who got caught and nothing more.

Can't disagree with that.

Mind you, pretty much the entire front of the peleton was doped up back then. So he can claim to be the best at cheating I suppose.
DMR

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 10:35:12 »

Drug addled cheat who knows he's going to get rumbled...?

Right again shock
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 10:57:21 »

But you can't take away his charity work though. He has raised so much money and awareness - cheat or not, it has probably helped thousands of people.

T'is true, however if one were to be cynical, it provided a useful distraction (cover) to limit the potency of questions at the time of being a corrupt, lying, bullying cheat.

A certain peadophile in this country used charity work as a similar tactic.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Gethimout

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 11:05:35 »

But you can't take away his charity work though. He has raised so much money and awareness - cheat or not, it has probably helped thousands of people.

The only way he raised so much awareness was by his sucess...?
nochee

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 11:07:07 »

Let everyone take drugs in sport, then the field is level again. Only the hardcore win
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 11:09:26 »

How many years did he spend denying the allegations before coming clean?

That's the worst bit for me.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 11:24:30 »

She should have just played him this video and asked him why we should believe anything he says:

He quite clearly shows himself to be a cold, calculating, lying cunt in acting all self-righteous about Paul Kimmage calling his era of dominance in the sport a cancer on the sport of cycling, and it is equally clear any act of contrition in this interview with Oprah will just be another facet of his being a cold, calculating, lying cunt trying to find a way to rehabilitate his career.

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 12:29:14 »

I can remember reading about a chap in the UK who contacted Livestrong about his cycle fan dad who had just been diagnosed with cancer.  A few days after his dad answered the phone and it was Lance on the other end and he spent a considerable amount of time talking and discussing treatment. He then kept in contact during the illness.

DMR

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 13:44:36 »

I can remember reading about a chap in the UK who contacted Livestrong about his cycle fan dad who had just been diagnosed with cancer.  A few days after his dad answered the phone and it was Lance on the other end and he spent a considerable amount of time talking and discussing treatment. He then kept in contact during the illness.

This is missing the point though.

Just because you have had cancer doesn't make you exempt from being a lying, cheating cunt. He is a human first and a cancer patient second.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 13:54:02 »

Just because you have had cancer doesn't make you exempt from being a lying, cheating cunt. He is a human first and a cancer patient second.

Not missing any point. He is a cheat and a liar, but still human.
Gethimout

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 15:23:27 »

Not missing any point. He is a cheat and a liar, but still human.

But without the fame, it would of been any normal person talking and helping another person! The guy wouldn't of been anything without doping.
Coca Fola

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 20:41:36 »

For the first time in my life I agree with you, congratulations.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: