Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737421 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2640 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 19:36:36 »

I'm a grinder, but lighter bike and 34 front and 34 back helps me spin up anything!

P.S. Bouhani already has form. Twelve month bad minimum. The guy deliberately slowed down so he could try to put the FDJ fella through the fence. Gave up any chance of winning. Two year ban!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2641 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 07:49:30 »

God he's such a twat
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nacer-bouhanni-if-jake-stewart-really-saw-his-life-flash-before-his-eyes-id-advise-him-to-give-up-sprinting/

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2642 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 08:33:02 »

He's past his best, a thug and should be banned. The 'attack' on Jake Stewart was just that. Bouhanni didn't like the fact that Stewart had wobbled and shouldered him, so, he stopped pedaling, slowed down then veered into him on purpose to put him through the barriers! Jeopardised his own chance of winning the race in order to hurt a competitor! Its not the first time, so ban him for good.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 20:27:46 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2643 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 08:45:12 »

Agree 100%. I think Groenwegen's move on Jacobson was not meant with malice, as you say Bouhanni's was malicious. He ought to have a suitably long ban to effectively be kicked out of the sport

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2644 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 09:21:26 »

Further twattery in cycling today already in RVV
https://twitter.com/RondeVlaanderen/status/1378637941124308992?s=20

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2645 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 20:30:12 »

Not sure what that was all about. Haven't watched the race - Will do so now! :-)

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2646 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 15:51:53 »

I got the impression that Federov is not particularly popular in the peloton, generally right to DQ them both, less to to DQ Michael Schar, there has to be some discretion.

Meanwhile https://www.rouleur.cc/blogs/the-rouleur-journal/in-search-of-the-real-nacer-bouhanni
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2647 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 16:45:26 »

With Schar - I think it'll bring about an interesting re-write of the over the top rules. Lobbing empty bidons into fields is something they're right to address, but it's a bit mad that he was DQed for underarming to a kid.

Bouhanni's wages as astounding for someone on a pro conti-level team!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2648 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 10:45:13 »

Looking at getting a smart turbo trainer.

Any recommendations for a budget one?

Looking to use zwift on stuff on it etc
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2649 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:02:48 »

Looking at getting a smart turbo trainer.

Any recommendations for a budget one?

Looking to use zwift on stuff on it etc
Get 'wheel off'. I had an Elite wheel on trainer and got fed up with inconsistency and tyre slippage.

When I had my accident and was faced with a year off the bike I decided I wanted to create the best and most realistic outside feeling but inside. I therefore bought a Wahoo Kickr and a Kickr Climb - So I have no wheels on the bike and the front goes up and down when I go up and down hill. If you go down the Kickr route then you might go for a Core, which is cheaper and just as good for the average cyclist. If you go for a second hand one, be careful as the older ones were quite noisy and although Wahoo products are simple to use, and they have good support (I've had the Climb replaced under warranty and also a Wahoo Elemnt replaced too) they sometimes have 'teething' troubles.

I would have ideally liked the Kickr Bike, but it wasn't out in the UK at the time and was sooo expensive when it arrived. Having said that, if the wife was interested, I may have bought it as multiple people can use it easily.

Some of the folks in my cycling club have gone down the Wattbike Atom route. I've not tried one, but read some reviews that said it was more trainer oriented than a cycling experience (if that makes sense).

Finally, I would say that during lockdown, turbo trainers have been like rocking horse shit!

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2650 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 12:52:16 »

I agree with NMH, and really need to hammer home - wheel off is a much better experience

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #2651 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 17:43:46 »

Hey all, only just noticed this topic, any idea if there is a TEF Strava or Zwift group?

My input on wheel on is if you can’t afford a direct chain/wheel off then get the best smart wheel on you can. Bought a Elite Tuo during lockdown which got me back into cycling and zwift which I recommend, but recently tried a friends Zumo from Halfords and it’s so so much better. Just depends on your price range.

Also what do you think of Yates in the Giro? I think he’s left it a bit late to go for it now, unless Bernal is struggling with his back then he may have a chance.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2652 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 18:05:28 »

Haven't watched today's Giro yet - Going to have to be a monumental collapse by Bernal. Lots of other riders in the frame ahead of Yates for me.

Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #2653 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 18:43:13 »

I won't say too much more then! Sorry had it on during work haha. It was either Bernal or Yates at the start, I think it could maybe happen if Bernal blows out. Looking forward to tomorrow! 231k in total!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2654 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 20:55:23 »

I won't say too much more then! Sorry had it on during work haha. It was either Bernal or Yates at the start, I think it could maybe happen if Bernal blows out. Looking forward to tomorrow! 231k in total!
Pretty much gave it away! 😂 Still don't think Yates will do it. Will see tomorrow I guess

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: