Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737337 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 20:34:12 »

You know that he is in a wheelchair now ?? Damaged his back after a fall.

Anybody been to the Pinnarello shop yet ?

ps good ride Bennett
Yes. But I was hoping to be like him pre accident. Think that was the bike he was using in Road Bike Party 1. Anyway, tis this little beauty that I was talking about:

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 08:50:08 »

ps good ride Bennett
ta bewster, i ache today though.

also, how pretty is this?!
http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-raleigh-militis-comp-14-47943/

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1037 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 12:24:42 »

Raleigh have been making some stunning bikes - they just need to improve on their historical tarnished image.

NMH - if you had that bike you'd be complaining of neck ache all day long with that low front end.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 12:35:53 »

Raleigh have been making some stunning bikes - they just need to improve on their historical tarnished image.

NMH - if you had that bike you'd be complaining of neck ache all day long with that low front end.
Naah. I wouldn't get neck ache as I wouldn't ride it - I'd just stare at it all day! It just looks so beautiful in black.

Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 13:57:16 »

Get It. It would go well with your luminous shoes  Grin
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 15:03:58 »

Gonna ignore that Bewster!

Are all you cyclist short arses? Keep looking at different bikes and they seem to be designed for people between 5ft 6in to 5ft 10in ! What about those of us over 6ft?

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 15:07:52 »

That's why they have different frame sizes.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 18:39:52 »

Went for a ride with the Mrs today as part of her double knee op recovery. She politely pointed out that after my recent purchase and the kids getting a new bike each for Xmas/Birthday we know have 9  bikes in our garage and that its a mess (2 kids bikes will soon be on eBay - a boy and a girls 16 inch Ridegback if anyone is interested).  To be fair she is right so I spent the afternoon doing this (bike-geek alert) - now have to do the MTBs and I'm done.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 19:20:11 »

Gonna ignore that Bewster!

Are all you cyclist short arses? Keep looking at different bikes and they seem to be designed for people between 5ft 6in to 5ft 10in ! What about those of us over 6ft?

I'm 6ft 4in so nope. Hence why my bike looks like a five bar gate next to others.

And also why I left look like a bag of washing on a bike.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 11:29:36 »

Anybody been to the Pinnarello shop yet ?

Oh yes Smiley

I got wood Embarrassed
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 11:30:59 »

I got wood Embarrassed

Was it the smell of rubber ?
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 12:04:04 »

Last night I sat down and watched A Sunday in Hell (at last). This is a EDanish film made during the 1976 running of the spring classic Paris- Roubaix, which has several sections of french farm track cobblestone (Pave) to endure.

A fantastic film for lovers of the sport.

Rare steak and rice for breakfast.

Merckx, De Vlaeminck, Maertens, Kuypers, Moser 

Some serious sideburns going on in the peleton. Not a helmet (other than the odd hair net) in sight.

Mechanics riding on the roof of the cars, amongst the bikes to ensure speedy deployment.

The crap quality of the Eurovison footage that was broadcast live really gave atmosphere.

A fabulous film.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 12:11:02 »

Last night I sat down and watched A Sunday in Hell (at last). This is a EDanish film made during the 1976 running of the spring classic Paris- Roubaix, which has several sections of french farm track cobblestone (Pave) to endure.

A fantastic film for lovers of the sport.

Rare steak and rice for breakfast.

Merckx, De Vlaeminck, Maertens, Kuypers, Moser 

Some serious sideburns going on in the peleton. Not a helmet (other than the odd hair net) in sight.

Mechanics riding on the roof of the cars, amongst the bikes to ensure speedy deployment.

The crap quality of the Eurovison footage that was broadcast live really gave atmosphere.

A fabulous film.

Sounds great, was that on netflix or anything like that? wouldnt mind watching that if i can find it. Do love a bit of Paris-Roubaix. Tempted to go over for the weekend this year to take it all in.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 12:20:46 »

First ride in to work today for the first time in a few weeks. Had a manufacture recall on the TRP Spyre disc brakes I put on my bike in October, so had to send them back over christmas and wait for the replacement pair to arrive. Finally came this weekend.

This morning probably wasnt the best day to get back into it though. The road from Purton to Lydiard wasnt gritted at all and was pretty much a skating rink. Managed to tip-toe my way through it thankfully, but couldnt get out the saddle to put some power down without the wheel just spinnning and going nowhere. All good fun though.

Glad to not have to endure driving in any more. Had to laugh when i saw a sign at the bottom of kingshill saying tha Thames water will be doing essential work on Wootton Bassett road on the week of the 20th...."queues likely". Ha...its already basically a car park in the morning thanks to the witchelstowe road being closed....swindon is going to grind to a halt next week.

In other news  Eek

http://road.cc/content/news/107992-dublin-man-sustains-seven-week-erection-after-crash-landing-bike-top-tube
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #1049 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 12:29:32 »

Sounds great, was that on netflix or anything like that? wouldnt mind watching that if i can find it. Do love a bit of Paris-Roubaix. Tempted to go over for the weekend this year to take it all in.

Don't know what platform it was on. My son sorted it and I just vegged out in front of the tele.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: