Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Olympics thread  (Read 187550 times)
walcot red

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:05:07 »

Not sure if there is an Olympics thread already, what events will you be watching? I'm looking forward to the swimming, cycling and possibly will watch the gymnastics as well
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:09:18 »

I think the Lodnon 2012 Olympisc has more of a ring to it.
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:13:40 »

Heh. Lodnon Too Cool
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:14:09 »

I will watch as much as I can on TV... I love it. Also, I'm unemployed, skint, and intolerant to summer sunshine, so it will keep me occupied regardless.

Taking in USA vs Croatia women's basketball on Saturday, and Team GB vs Uruguay men's football live.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
kerry red

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:15:29 »

I'm looking forward to

The Pro-Celebrity Knob Wrestling

The Kicking Seb Coe In The Hole

The Steve Evans 10yds Dash
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:21:14 »

I am looking forward to the opening ceremony being a total fuck up!

Do people remember the bit they did at the closing ceremony of the last games?  A big red bus, David Beckham, Leona Lewis, some old guitarist and just when it couldnt get any worse Boris Johnson ...

Of course all the press and old olympians came out and said wasnt it great .... Well I have news for them .... IT WAS SHITE!

I expect Friday to be equally as big a fuck up!

Though I will cheer when the Indian team enter the arena!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:22:51 »

Got tickets for the Womens Cycling Road Race
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:27:02 »

Do people remember the bit they did at the closing ceremony of the last games?  A big red bus, David Beckham, Leona Lewis, some old guitarist and just when it couldnt get any worse Boris Johnson ...

Of course all the press and old olympians came out and said wasnt it great .... Well I have news for them .... IT WAS SHITE!

Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin...ffs, 'some old guitarist'. Bad Mood

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:32:40 »

i will be watching the 'womens' gymnastics
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:39:35 »

The word out there is that it's going to be a bit special and worth watching.
kerry red

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:39:53 »

I shall be keeping a close eye on any woman athlete who gives the impression of smuggling a budgie.

Facial hair just isn't enough to spot them these days
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 13:17:55 »

Why is the opening ceremony on so late ? I'm sure i heard on the radio the other day that the British team wont be appearing until 11:30 ! I know you cant have fireworks etc during the day so it needs to be in the evening but wouldn't it be good to have as many people watching it as possible including kids who may live another 60 years without seeing this again ?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 13:24:27 »

It starts at 4 doesn't it?

And with the wonders of modern technology, it's not going to be that difficult to watch it again is it? I won't be suprised if the bbc have a channel set aside solely to show the opening ceremony on repeat for the two weeks. They've got one for everything else.

People always find things to whinge about in these olympics, and NONE OF THEM ARE MATTERS TO MOAN ABOUT. It pisses me off that this is the biggest festival of sport to ever take place in this country ever, and people still try and whinge.

Things get better but they never get good
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 13:58:54 »

going tomorrow to see GB against Senegal with the two kids, wishing i'd got tickets to something better...

walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 14:02:36 »

Why is the opening ceremony on so late ? I'm sure i heard on the radio the other day that the British team wont be appearing until 11:30 ! I know you cant have fireworks etc during the day so it needs to be in the evening but wouldn't it be good to have as many people watching it as possible including kids who may live another 60 years without seeing this again ?

I thought they were starting late to give everyone who finishes work at 5 time to get home so they can watch it, not to mention the time differnce in other countries and try to make it eaiser for the yanks to watch.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: