Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mixed Feelings?  (Read 5676 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 19:54:31 »

Scunny have just signed Kennedy on 1300 a week.My point was more about looking like relegation fodder.

I'm not suggesting we'll look like relegation fodder (yet  Smiley ), just that it's a basic for any promoted side to do a bit of strengthening, if they can as the first target has to be the 50 point mark,then see where you can go from there.

Which seems to be what we're doing, which is good, as the likes of Chesterfield and Wycombe didn't do and paid the price. Fuck knows what Bury did.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 19:54:37 »

I've not got mixed feelings in the slightest.

We've finally got an ambitious board, an ambitious manager and they're assembling an ambitious squad. We've had plenty of the opposite in the past, let's just enjoy the ride.

It's All Good..............
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 19:56:47 »

We've finally got an ambitious board, an ambitious manager and they're assembling an ambitious squad. We've had plenty of the opposite in the past, let's just enjoy the ride.

This
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 08:26:15 »

I concur.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 09:19:11 »

Agreed
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 09:28:20 »

After reading comments on this topic I can only agree with Banbury that thank goodness we seem to be going forward and with the passion and professionalism that has NEVER been seen here before.
We have an international coach / manager who has impressed everybody who he seems to come in contact with.
A professional commercial manager in Nick Watkins and a Board that has put their money on the line.
From where I am sitting and with my memory I am sure this situation has never happened to Swindon in the fifty years that I have had an interest with the club.....and I am sure prior to that time Swindon were always in the poor house !!!.  
My advice is to take advantage of seeing STFC become a proud football club and just perhaps true success will come our way

Come on STFC make it happen for all of us.    Smiley
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 09:32:11 »

I'm not suggesting we'll look like relegation fodder (yet  Smiley ), just that it's a basic for any promoted side to do a bit of strengthening, if they can as the first target has to be the 50 point mark,then see where you can go from there.

Which seems to be what we're doing, which is good, as the likes of Chesterfield and Wycombe didn't do and paid the price. Fuck knows what Bury did.

Not to mention Stevenage. Sometimes, the winning mentality (and a good crop of players) can take you through the leagues without much tinkering.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 09:38:52 »

Let's not forget that the increase in season ticket prices will generate at least £500k more this season compared to last. That may or may not be spent on contractual wage increases with promotion to league 1.

We'll probably get more away fans through the gates too.

Obviously we cannot sustain year-on-year losses, but we're definitely speculating with our spending to reach a future equilibrium. At the moment our debts are all to the owners, a development of the stadium is going to require much more funding. The way we're spending money at the moment (be it perceived to be excessive or ok) is going to fit within the framework of this plan i.e. I trust our management is not stupid to factor every aspect into an overall plan. They wouldn't have purchased the club if not.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: