Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio: 'I've matured'  (Read 8007 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 11:59:46 »

A record breaking season with a championship win, Wembley cup final and beating teams in higher leagues would suggest strongly that things are looking pretty good. Part of that success is down to PDC's enthusiasm and passion for the game so to try to change that would be counter productive. It is also largely because of PDC's persona that the club are enjoying the attention they are getting (think TV money).

Should we find in the future that we begin to struggle, and PDC's policies could be responsible for that, then he should perhaps change accordingly and the man himself has already indicated his willingness to change as he gains experience.

Last season we were screaming out for a manager that would not fuck about and now we have one, we want to change him?

Nah

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:06:21 »

Apart from comments about Constable and Oxford - which came back to bite him in the arse - I've loved every Di Canio interview and every Di Canioism he's used.

Such as the stuff about Steve Evans, dogs, his bans, the FA

Its brilliant and in some cases takes focus off the team.

Hell, back in what Feb/March he claimed he could be sent off every week and we'd still win the league - hell, ok he didnt get sent off but we still won the damn thing - just like he said we would.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:07:02 »

Yet I hear you boycotted every game last season.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:10:58 »

That wasn't because of Di Canio though, it was because DV was too big for League Two.

Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:11:02 »

Yes.

The reasons I stopped going were because of the lack of passion, enthusiasm, effort, commitment, desire and ambition from the club as a whole. Selling all our best players first chance we got, not replacing them, hiring tired old rubbish merry-go-round managers. We went down without a fight from top to bottom.

Di Canio and Wray have changed all that and I couldnt be happier about it. Finally feels like the clubs has got its balls back - we no longer roll over and die.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:34:04 »

You wait till celtic come back in for caddis Wink
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:38:14 »

Ha. That turned out well. My post was aimed at Flashheart.

I agree about the passion, but the messianic follow-me approach will only take him so far. The best managers have PdC's focus, but loads more skill at managing conflict and adversity than he's shown to date. Hard men usually fail in the longer-term. He says he's matured. I'm not so sure.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:42:51 »

He doesn't have to change. Fergie and Clough are/were orrible cunts but they were brilliant managers.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:47:39 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:45:13 »

So the likes of Mancini and Ferguson don't fall out with players?

Tevez and Balotelli spring to mind. 
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:48:29 »

Other clubs fans love his antics also....Reading,Southampton and Portsmouth fans have told me that.

Also Burnley and Hull fans on my travels.
Flashheart

« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:49:25 »

The thing is also that people can say he'd be a better manager if he calmed down, but we don't know that to be true... it's a moot point. For all we know if PDC did 'calm down', it could have a detrimental effect on performances.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 12:54:40 »

So the likes of Mancini and Ferguson don't fall out with players?

Tevez and Balotelli spring to mind. 

You prove my point. Neither of those players got booted out of their clubs (though admittedly Tevez came pretty close this year). Paolo can do falling out  - it's the making up he's got to work on. Would di Canio be able to manage either of them, or Cantona / Ronaldo / Rooney / [insert bolshy but talented]. Or even [insert any random arrogant Premiership brat] ?

Flashheart

« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 13:04:03 »

I haven't proven your point at all. Every player and every situation is different?

Players booted out?

Should PDC have allowed Clarke to act the way he did?
Should PDC have allowed Tehoue to not train like the others?
Should PDC choose to play Kerrouche when he feels he isn't doing what he should be?

How many players do those managers 'boot out' because they aren't pulling their weight, only for us not to know.
How well did Ferguson handle Beckham?
Would Tevez still be with City had another club bid for him (obviously not)
How well did Ferguson manage Rnoanldo?
What makes you think Cantona or Rooney would give PDC a reason to fall out with them? Are they not professional players that get on with their jobs?

« Last Edit: Monday, June 4, 2012, 13:07:20 by Flashheart » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 13:21:31 »

I haven't proven your point at all. Every player and every situation is different?

Players booted out?

Should PDC have allowed Clarke to act the way he did?
Should PDC have allowed Tehoue to not train like the others?
Should PDC choose to play Kerrouche when he feels he isn't doing what he should be?

How many players do those managers 'boot out' because they aren't pulling their weight, only for us not to know.
How well did Ferguson handle Beckham?
Would Tevez still be with City had another club bid for him (obviously not)
How well did Ferguson manage Rnoanldo?
What makes you think Cantona or Rooney would give PDC a reason to fall out with them? Are they not professional players that get on with their jobs?
Blimey, it's hard arguing with the PdC ministry of propaganda. Yes, I think there's ample evidence to say that he might have dealt a lot better with the situations regarding all three of the players you mention. And that therefore he might struggle with the players I mentioned.

Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 13:22:28 »

What would you have done with those players then RF?

And what is there to suggest that players like Rooney and Cantona don't pull their weight and would fall out with PDC accordingly? (you also mentioned Ronaldo, whom Ferguson couldn't handle  Roll Eyes)

You have chosen 3 players as examples, one of which is a problematic player that even Ferguson couldn't handle (a tad self-defeating) and two others that appear to be model pros. I don't think you've made the best choices there
« Last Edit: Monday, June 4, 2012, 13:28:57 by Flashheart » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: