Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Birds  (Read 59744 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 10:59:06 »

Better the pigeons mop it up instead of the rats  Wink

That's true. Although the blackbirds do give it a good go. Haven't seen any rats here yet!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 10:16:20 »

Went into the garden this morning as there was a major rustling in one of the trees. As I walked towards it a crow flew away, and a load of pigeon feathers were on the grass. A pigeon has created a nest and was obviously fighting to protect her babies. There are now a load of crows and magpies (and other corvids which I probably have recognised incorrectly) loitering around for a quick feed. The magpies cry is bloody horrible!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Flashheart

« Reply #242 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 10:38:49 »

Corvids are fucking brutal animals.

Fascinating and intelligent, but brutal.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:14:55 »

Well the crow got its feed. Went out after work and there was a dozen pigeon feathers on the grass and an empty Pigeon nest.

In other bird news I'm fascinating by the blue tits. They are literally in and out of that box feeding their young. I read that a baby needs about 100 caterpillars a day and I reckon there is at least 3 babies in the box so their parents are in and out literally all day. I'm mesmerised by it! If I get too close they land in the nearby ivy bush and wait for me to move away. It's like my own personal springwatch!

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:18:33 »

I worked next to a blue tits nest a few years ago and the parents literally feed them from dawn to dusk and it's quite amazing to watch
« Last Edit: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:39:34 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:37:26 »

I worked next to a blue tuts nest a few years ago and the parents literally feed them from dawn to dusk and it's quite amazing to watch

Tits, it's Tits
cired45

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:39:30 »

Interesting fable around the magpie and other corvids, at the crucifixion where all of beasts of the earth, fish from the sea, and birds of the air were summoned to appear at the crucifixion, the magpie was the only corvid that never attended, his punishment for not attending was that they would never be allowed to wear all black as the other corvids were.  Nice tail, but it doesn’t say anything about the Jay
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:40:03 »

Tits, it's Tits

iPad playing up again😡

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:49:06 »

iPad playing up again😡

Has it gone tuts up?

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 11:10:28 »

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 11:35:36 »

Just had our nest of Nuthatches leave the nest. Crevice 30 foot up in the tree. Last year they took a nest box and cemented the hole with mud and pine needles to make it smaller after a woodpecker had previously made it bigger.

2 blue Tit boxes are about to leave and a Magpie has been waiting around to grab a few chicks when the time arises. No more as I have removed the Magpie this Morning Wink
Great Tits have taken a box up as well.

Blackbirds and Robins are everywhere and feeding them suet pellets.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 11, 2021, 11:38:37 by TheDukeOfBanbury » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 11:44:40 »

Great picture DOB!

Oh I hadn't even considered what might happen to the blue tit chicks when they brave the outside world. We don't get too many magpies in the garden but they crows have been hanging around a lot recently. The blackbirds and robins create some great singing throughout the day!

I'll be gutted for the mother and father who have literally fed them non-stop for the last 2 weeks or so if their offspring get eaten moments after leaving their box!

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 18:16:43 »

Just had our nest of Nuthatches leave the nest. Crevice 30 foot up in the tree. Last year they took a nest box and cemented the hole with mud and pine needles to make it smaller after a woodpecker had previously made it bigger.

2 blue Tit boxes are about to leave and a Magpie has been waiting around to grab a few chicks when the time arises. No more as I have removed the Magpie this Morning Wink
Great Tits have taken a box up as well.

Blackbirds and Robins are everywhere and feeding them suet pellets.

Great photo Duke and you're blessed living in a country dwelling😀

So, give no fucks
scillyred

« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 20:08:13 »

We currently have an Egyptian Vulture over here - only other British sightings were in 1825 & 1868 !
Us puffins are staying in our burrows  Eek
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 20:10:14 »

I did see that on the news and an amazing bird

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: