Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Euro 2012 Thread  (Read 330235 times)
kerry red

« Reply #540 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 09:27:49 »

But is this view an entirely English one?

Is it us that are out of kilter?

But I knows what I likes and that's that
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 09:36:10 »

i liked keith andrews reaction to getting sent off. he should have punted it at the ref's head

When Keith Andrews has consistently been your best player over the 3 games, you know its been a bad tournament!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #542 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 11:07:02 »

I find Spain incredibly dull when they aren't at their best. 75 passes across the back 4 and the wingers isn't pretty to watch, you want direct, end-to-end stuff and goal mouth action.
kerry red

« Reply #543 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 11:18:21 »

Well, Croatia had the chance to knock them out last night and blew it.

So I suppose it's down to us now!!
Barry Scott

« Reply #544 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 12:08:07 »

I find Spain incredibly dull when they aren't at their best. 75 passes across the back 4 and the wingers isn't pretty to watch, you want direct, end-to-end stuff and goal mouth action.

Indeed, I don't care how good the passing is, when 75% is across the back 4, sideways or backwards it's shit.

The Italy game was only good because the team renowned for being negative were looking positively open in contrast to Spain's 6 man midfield.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 12:32:00 »

Agree to an extent re: the entertainment value of Spain yesterday. However the pass from Fabregas and touch from Iniesta for their goal was pretty tidy.
kerry red

« Reply #546 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 12:37:08 »

But half a dozen moments of top quality in 90 minutes can never compare to 90 minutes of cut and thrust with all the errors thrown in.

Fans dont want perfection they want excitement
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 12:48:05 »

Spains boring football has won them the Euro's and the World cup, would we moan if we played boring football and it won us a cup or the league?
kerry red

« Reply #548 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 12:51:18 »

Of course not. But as we were/are neutral observers when it comes to Spain, I'd rather drink my own bathwater
DRS

« Reply #549 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 13:38:50 »

To counter that more teams have won being fairly negative.Teams are starting to suss out spain/barca imo
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 15:18:15 »

Just as devil's advocate - why do Spain have to entertain you? This system works for them - one World Cup, one Euros - so why worry if you find them boring?

Surely the complaint is with the people who copy Spain/Barca? Who say that this is the only way or the good way to play? It is a defensive system designed to win games and it works - they aren't trying to be pleasing. Isn't one of the great things about football the variety of ways to play, of styles, of players?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 15:30:08 »

Spain are no great shakes....bit of a myth these last few years to be honest.

When they have as many Stars as Brazil or Germany then maybe people like myself will see them as one of the greats....untill then i remain optimistic that we have as good as chance as them .
Barry Scott

« Reply #552 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 15:30:54 »

Just as devil's advocate - why do Spain have to entertain you? This system works for them - one World Cup, one Euros - so why worry if you find them boring?

Surely the complaint is with the people who copy Spain/Barca? Who say that this is the only way or the good way to play? It is a defensive system designed to win games and it works - they aren't trying to be pleasing. Isn't one of the great things about football the variety of ways to play, of styles, of players?

For me personally, Spain don't have to entertain, but if the commentators insist on wanking off about how amazing they are, then I feel I have to voice my opposition when, in my opinion, they're boring.

I also don't recall them being boring during their Euro and WC wins, they've just become that way.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 15:31:30 »

Spain are no great shakes....bit of a myth these last few years to be honest.

When they have as many Stars as Brazil or Germany then maybe people like myself will see them as one of the greats....untill then i remain optimistic that we have as good as chance as them .

Wow.

Things get better but they never get good
DRS

« Reply #554 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 15:36:59 »

Strangely i agree with leefer.For a team that many insist are sö good they nearly royally fucked up from a pretty shit group
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: