Pages: 1 ... 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1612172 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5820 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 13:01:20 »

Just signed for Plymouth
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5821 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 13:04:02 »

Just signed for Plymouth
Interesting move, Muff are doing very well and dont seem to ship lots of goals either.

TBH I think thats a league above his current level of ability.

From the 'Muff forum.
Sounds like an astute signing. Lots of Swindon fans replying to the story on the Swindon Town Twitter account seem pretty gutted with a number of them saying he has been their best defender this season. Should provide good competition for Gillesphey on that left hand side of central defence.

Not sure which player they were watching but hes not been our best defender in pretty much any game this season IMO, hes adequate in L2.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5822 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 13:14:31 »

Losing him weakens us but doubt it strengthens them much. Fairly decent in the air and athletic but not good enough on the ball in L1 for me. Time will tell
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #5823 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 13:19:29 »

On surface seems an odd one from Huddersfield, moving him from a team where he’s started nearly every game to one where he’s referred to as providing competition to the squad.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5824 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 13:20:14 »

The same crichlow that’s started one game since November? He was fine, nothing more. We’ll recover

Things get better but they never get good
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5825 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 13:23:52 »

Surely that's (almost) completely Chorley's remit as DOF isn't it?

I'm sure its a decision between the 2 of them rather than purely being down to Chorley, they probably discuss players and it is down to Chorley to talk to the clubs and agents and get them over the line
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5826 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 13:28:08 »

The same crichlow that’s started one game since November? He was fine, nothing more. We’ll recover

Is it that long ago?!

Agreed in terms of criticality, but we are thin on the ground if/when an injury comes.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5827 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:00:31 »

Interesting move, Muff are doing very well and dont seem to ship lots of goals either.

TBH I think thats a league above his current level of ability.

From the 'Muff forum.
Not sure which player they were watching but hes not been our best defender in pretty much any game this season IMO, hes adequate in L2.

See, I’d say he has, it certainly hasn’t been Conroy or Baudry and I think he’s been better than AK
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #5828 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:21:03 »

One vote here for him being our (former) best defender. Gives us speed, aerial presence, and fewer clangers than Conroy - as well as the balance I mentioned before. No panic, just disappointment at this, combined with KKH and losing 3 of the last 5, plus Stevenage and now unsure if we beat Northampton just because of their Covid cases. In two weeks this could all change and we could be stronger than ever, but we need to move fast if we want to go up.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:24:05 by Frigby Daser » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5829 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:23:27 »

See, I’d say he has, it certainly hasn’t been Conroy or Baudry and I think he’s been better than AK

Not much in it between all of Centre backs this season. All played much of a muchness.
No one head and shoulders above the rest.

Don’t think we will suddenly fall apart without him but think we are worse off now.

Think this would be less of a blow if KKH was still here as Hunt has done ok at CB but with him now back at RWB (and our only RWB) that takes away the option of him in the back 3
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5830 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:25:53 »

Quite a few quivering lips on here today. I suspect the Bens have noticed we're a couple of heads light in defence, and I'm happy to wait and see how they address that over the next couple of weeks before I fall into despondency.

They did an OK job with a much bigger overhaul in August.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5831 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:31:32 »

Not much in it between all of Centre backs this season. All played much of a muchness.
No one head and shoulders above the rest.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5832 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:44:51 »

Maybe, just maybe this is one of the reasons why Conroy was brought straight back in and JOB made his debut on Tuesday - it's almost like the club know more about discussions about players futures than we do..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5833 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:53:47 »

Maybe, just maybe this is one of the reasons why Conroy was brought straight back in and JOB made his debut on Tuesday - it's almost like the club know more about discussions about players futures than we do..

🤔 you may have something there 😉
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #5834 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 15:04:33 »

Maybe, just maybe it's because Conroy threw his toys about after recent FA Cup 3rd round team selections and Garner caved in.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: