Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611784 times)
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #1485 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 10:09:35 »

Anton Rodgers has probably done enough to get an extra year.
If we stay in league one I would agree but don't think he's championship quality
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1486 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 10:12:49 »

If we stay in league one I would agree but don't think he's championship quality
I agree with this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1487 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 10:50:27 »

Our defence (inc GK) is going to look completely different next season, which is not necessarily a bad thing considering it is the weakest part of the team.

Fods is gone, so his replacement will be the biggest signing.  Might see Stephens/Turnbull back if we get promoted, but apart from that it is all change except for Nathan.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #1488 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 10:52:53 »

I reckon we'll need a tactical re-think if we go up, otherwise we'll get torn a new one week in week out with championship teams exploiting our defence.
kerry red

« Reply #1489 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 11:19:09 »

Nobody can argue about Turnbull and Stephens being good players, so the only excuse for the dodgy defence is the system - or at least our application of it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 11:25:48 »

Just can't seem to deal with crosses very well...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #1491 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 11:25:56 »

Nobody can argue about Turnbull and Stephens being good players, so the only excuse for the dodgy defence is the system - or at least our application of it.

It worked better at the start of the season when we had Kasim and Luongo in front of defence. Having two players ready to cover is better than just having Stephens or Ricketts sitting in front.

Need adequate cover to allow Turnbull & Thompson to cover the wings properly if needs be.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1492 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 12:17:31 »

Turnbull and Stephens are decent, but only when you have got a decent defensive midfielder in front of them (with our system).  It is no coincidence that the defence has looked decidedly shakey since Louis got injured.  Replacement of Louis is our second most important signing of the summer (unless Norwich and we go up and then we might get him back on a season long loan). 

Kasim/Luongo/Gladwin/Rodgers are not defensive midfielders.  One option that I reckon could work well is to play Nathan as the defensive midfielder, just sit him in front of the back 3 and don't let him go with the rest, effectively turning the 3 into a 4.  Although if this means that Branco plays at the back I would rather stick with Nathan back there.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1493 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 18:09:04 »

Turnbull and Stephens are decent, but only when you have got a decent defensive midfielder in front of them (with our system).  It is no coincidence that the defence has looked decidedly shakey since Louis got injured.  Replacement of Louis is our second most important signing of the summer (unless Norwich and we go up and then we might get him back on a season long loan). 

Kasim/Luongo/Gladwin/Rodgers are not defensive midfielders.  One option that I reckon could work well is to play Nathan as the defensive midfielder, just sit him in front of the back 3 and don't let him go with the rest, effectively turning the 3 into a 4.  Although if this means that Branco plays at the back I would rather stick with Nathan back there.
You think so? I would say it's the most important.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #1494 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 18:48:20 »

I reckon we'll need a tactical re-think if we go up, otherwise we'll get torn a new one week in week out with championship teams exploiting our defence.
Premier League Groundhog Day?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 19:11:35 »

Need a new lwb too. Jones at Chesterfield is decent
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1496 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 19:52:09 »

I'd take the sheff u lwb in a heart beat.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1497 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 20:03:17 »

You've more chances finding future potential Town players in the squad lists of the FA Youth Cup or U21 Development Leagues than L1 and L2.

Previous League experience? Pfffft.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1498 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 09:18:45 »

You think so? I would say it's the most important.

I reckon a replacement for Wes will be the most important signing.  The Belford brothers aren't good enough yet IMO.  If we don't get a decent GK then to a certain extent it doesn't matter how good your def/mid is.  Wes has won us a lot of points this season.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1499 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 09:22:15 »

I reckon a replacement for Wes will be the most important signing.  The Belford brothers aren't good enough yet IMO.  If we don't get a decent GK then to a certain extent it doesn't matter how good your def/mid is.  Wes has won us a lot of points this season.

Wes has single handedly (reaction saves and the like) got us to this point. He is an absolutely fantastic keeper and whoever comes next has got a tough act to follow.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: