Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No more dubious goal-line decisions?  (Read 4354 times)
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 22:10:40 »

I understand that this sort of technology won't go very far down the 'pyramid' but that's life. The rest will just have to make do with ref's and linesmen. But to not have it at the top level in club football and in international competitions is a joke.

You can't have this sort of nonsense going on in a top international competition. England were shit in this game and deserved to get thrashed, but that's not the point...

Where do you draw the line in terms of who does and doesn't get to use the technology?
If a prem club plays a non league club away in the cup, will the competition rules insist it be used or as its non league will they not have the tech. Vise versa do you just turn it off if playing in competitions that don't want it and risk a debate over a goal?
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 23:28:55 »

Where do you draw the line in terms of who does and doesn't get to use the technology?
If a prem club plays a non league club away in the cup, will the competition rules insist it be used or as its non league will they not have the tech. Vise versa do you just turn it off if playing in competitions that don't want it and risk a debate over a goal?

It will be similar to the all seater stadiums thing.  Something like it must be there for Premiership and Championship teams, with extra FA fundings going to lower league teams if they go up.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 07:44:50 »

I have no idea what the costs are but you just take it as far down as costs will allow. It's got to be better than not having it at all.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 13:08:48 »

After digging through the archives of the TEF, I thought this was the most relevant thread.

Following on from last weekends debate on the goal that wasn't given to QPR, where do you sit with goal line technology and why?

I'm dead against it for the simple reason of it causes debate and creates talking points. I appreciate any technology that gets implimented has to 100% but where do you draw the line in terms of how far down the football pyramid that you apply it?

Do we go as far as grass roots or just stay in the professional game?
You can implement it at grass roots level as the cost will be too prohibitive. This was for years, the argument that FIFA was using against goal line technology, however most grass roots games are played without linesmen, and sometimes, even a proper referee!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 13:17:09 »

fuck it, poor decisions are part of the game - after all its played by humans not rebots
Leave it as it is

I come from a land down-under
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 13:33:27 »

fuck it, poor decisions are part of the game - after all its played by humans not rebots
Leave it as it is
Yeah, let's have perfectly good goals not given...way to go Clap
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 13:38:22 »

Yeah, let's have perfectly good goals not given...way to go Clap

Hes still thinking of the 2010 world cup no doubt Wink
stfcinbmth

« Reply #22 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 18:38:53 »

Leave it as it is

Must admit I agree especially as it's mostly PL clubs whinging about possible loss of revenue, greedy fookers, but a bit of an update here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17874013
« Last Edit: Friday, April 27, 2012, 18:41:02 by stfcinbmth » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 18:51:20 »

What if a shocking decision like the world cup one denies us a promotion?

"Oh the standard of officials is shocking, how can you miss something like that? Nevermind though eh, it's given us something to talk about."

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #24 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 18:52:47 »

What if a shocking decision like the world cup one denies us a promotion?

"Oh the standard of officials is shocking, how can you miss something like that? Nevermind though eh, it's given us something to talk about."

Doubt very much if it will apply to us, elitist only
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 18:58:06 »

Doubt very much if it will apply to us, elitist only

So we're not planning on becoming a Championship club then?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 19:04:52 »

So we're not planning on becoming a Championship club then?

You really think it will get that far down?
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 19:48:29 »

Personally I think they're hilarious in the Premier League.
Leave it.

Word Cup would be a different matter, because in the EPL, as many say, your luck balances out over the course of a season. In a tournament like the World Cup or like a play-off final, that doesn't really apply.. So I'm not sure what to choose really.
I wouldn't really like to see too much technology used in football though. I don't know why.

stfcinbmth

« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 21:07:58 »

Personally I think they're hilarious in the Premier League.

Exactly, they're only worried about their pockets. Fuck em

And who cares about the national side? Not many anymore. Fuck em
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 06:36:28 by stfcinbmth » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: