Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley  (Read 28721 times)
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 14:39:18 »

I know we had some shorts specially made for Ruddock, but if they had to make a shirt big enough for Evans it would be like the huge "12th man" one that takes up most of the stand at Reading 
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 16:02:51 »

The Rotherham chairman has just stated that they wanted Evans because he is the man of the moment in league two.  No
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 16:29:18 »

You're all fucking talking about him

Things get better but they never get good
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 17:24:07 »

If I was a betting man (which thankfully I'm not) I would be sticking quite a lot of quids on Rotherham to go up next season. A lot of people seem to struggle with the concept that being a total cunt and being a very effective lower league manager are not mutually exclusive.
DRS

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 17:34:24 »

How effective he really is would be my concern ost
fatbasher

« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 17:42:28 »

If I was a betting man (which thankfully I'm not) I would be sticking quite a lot of quids on Rotherham to go up next season. A lot of people seem to struggle with the concept that being a total cunt and being a very effective lower league manager are not mutually exclusive.

As Nick Clegg often or at least did say to David Cameron, "I agree".
stfcinbmth

« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 17:43:25 »

Have to agree
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 17:43:55 »

...and now by association, so are you. Mwhahaha.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 18:39:24 »

effective lower league manager are not mutually exclusive.

effective at non-league with a big/bogus budget. Unproven at league level.
dell returns

« Reply #114 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 06:23:49 »

I'm shocked Crawley and Bradford did not get a points deduction.

It just means in the future clubs who have the funds, (they normally have large squads as well), these clubs can afford to have a few suspended so it doesn't really impact on them; can fight, fight, fight with no real punishment, showing a poor example to all, especially youngers.

Points deduction or transfer embargo for a long period was the rightful punishment.

Can the sponsors pick up that small bill on their way out please and we will just carry on with our promotion push.

What a load of bollocks FL.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 07:47:06 »

effective at non-league with a big/bogus budget. Unproven at league level.
I wouldn't really describe the Conference as non league any more, not when you look at how many teams are full time now. If you can be successful there (which he consistently has been) then there's no reason why you should not be successful in L2, as Evans has shown this season.

Regardless of budget and how the players are acquired, as a manager you have to pick the team, get the players playing in the right positions, get them organized, motivated etc. You won't be able to do that if you are a crap manager.

As I keep saying, people need to be able to separate the fact that he is an obnoxious cunt from the fact that he is an effective manager.

If he gets Rotherham promoted, their decision will have been justified. I suspect that is what will happen.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 09:34:26 »

I wouldn't really describe the Conference as non league any more, not when you look at how many teams are full time now. If you can be successful there (which he consistently has been) then there's no reason why you should not be successful in L2, as Evans has shown this season.

Regardless of budget and how the players are acquired, as a manager you have to pick the team, get the players playing in the right positions, get them organized, motivated etc. You won't be able to do that if you are a crap manager.

As I keep saying, people need to be able to separate the fact that he is an obnoxious cunt from the fact that he is an effective manager.

If he gets Rotherham promoted, their decision will have been justified. I suspect that is what will happen.

But he's still a cunt.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 09:36:32 »

If he gets Rotherham promoted, their decision will have been justified.

Totally agree. Then he will be proven.

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 10:50:16 »

Haha seems the Crawley players were heartbroken to see him go

Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:25:16 »

Haha seems the Crawley players were heartbroken to see him go

As much as I dislike the cretin, they wouldn't have told him what they thought whilst he was still manager. Evans can now look back and see how despised he truly was, won't make him feel to good  Cheesy

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: