Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fabrice muamba  (Read 25344 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 22:37:19 »

Its very,very sad and my thought are with him etc but the media coverage of this is doing my head in already.5 live are have extending coverage to discuss it till midnight.Whats there to discuss? Twitter gone all "Diana",people need to get a grip.

/
W56196272
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 22:38:16 »

In the last 2 weeks, and within a 300 yard radius of my home. An elderly woman has been strangled, another has died in a house fire, a 9 year old girl was knocked down and killed and a 20 year old died in a scooter accident. I didnt see any of this on SkySportsNews. I guess a Congolese guy earning thousands each week playing for Bolton fucking Wanderers strikes more of a chord in the community based society of modern Britain.
How many thousands of people were watching them compete at those sports at the time?

Seems Hammer isnt the only insensitive one out there!

https://twitter.com/#!/retrofit_andrew/status/181116893137092608/photo/1

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Flashheart

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 22:46:34 »

In the last 2 weeks, and within a 300 yard radius of my home. An elderly woman has been strangled, another has died in a house fire, a 9 year old girl was knocked down and killed and a 20 year old died in a scooter accident. I didnt see any of this on SkySportsNews. I guess a Congolese guy earning thousands each week playing for Bolton fucking Wanderers strikes more of a chord in the community based society of modern Britain.

I would have agreed that you have a point to a degree. After all, people do die all the time.

But I find it difficult to agree with you because you calling him Congolese, when he is in fact English, makes me doubt your motive. And why is his nationality even relevant anyway?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 22:49:25 »

I would have agreed that you have a point to a degree. After all, people do die all the time.

But I find it difficult to agree with you because you calling him Congolese, when he is in fact English, makes me doubt your motive. And why is his nationality even relevant anyway?
trying to get a bite
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 22:56:12 »

Some very sad people get kicks out of other peoples misery, bet some are at home now staying up to think up the jokes for tomorrow to get their fix, Low life's.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 22:58:09 »

Some very sad people get kicks out of other peoples misery, bet some are at home now staying up to think up the jokes for tomorrow to get their fix, Low life's.
tomorrow? they've allready been doing the rounds for past few hours. sick people
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 23:00:09 »

tomorrow? they've allready been doing the rounds for past few hours. sick people
What goes around comes around, won't be so funny then though.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 23:17:23 »

Its very,very sad and my thought are with him etc but the media coverage of this is doing my head in already.5 live are have extending coverage to discuss it till midnight.Whats there to discuss? Twitter gone all "Diana",people need to get a grip.

Agree with this - I find it very odd how people seem to want to jump on the grief bandwagon when something happens to somebody famous. It's tragic what's happened with Muamba, as it would be with anybody else, and I hope and pray that he'll recover, but extended media coverage etc is crazy
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 23:25:36 »

Kind of get your point, but how many people have a heart attack with several hundred thousand people watching?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 23:38:10 »

In my village there are defibs in the farm shop & the social centre so why on earth we don't have one at work is shocking - we have a new staff trainer though & think she's going to insist we get one

I'm glad I'm compitant in CPR & would know what to do if someone collapsed but I hope to god I never have to witness a player collapse like that at the county ground
Hopefully in the near future whenever someone calls 999 for a suspected heart attack the control centre will tell you where the nearest AED is. Ideally they will need to be within a quarter of a mile from the caller and accessible 24hrs a day. So if your in the sports centre at Calne and you dont have one I guess the police station may have one outside which is also handy for that part of the town.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 23:39:29 »

Kind of get your point, but how many people have a heart attack with several hundred thousand people watching?

I'm not saying it isn't newsworthy - of course it will make headlines... but extended discussion for hours afterwards? What's the point? There's nothing to say.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 23:44:54 »

I'm not saying it isn't newsworthy - of course it will make headlines... but extended discussion for hours afterwards? What's the point? There's nothing to say.
Not watched the news on it since the game was abandoned so dont know what has been said, but there is a suprising number of supremely healthy young men who have died from heart attacks over the years, so I would say there is something to discuss. Particularly heart checks, which have been in place in Serie A for a number of years.

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 23:53:38 »

Not watched the news on it since the game was abandoned so dont know what has been said, but there is a suprising number of supremely healthy young men who have died from heart attacks over the years, so I would say there is something to discuss. Particularly heart checks, which have been in place in Serie A for a number of years.
Pretty sure all professional players now have yearly ECGs as part of their contracts to protect both parties.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 23:56:14 »

Just done the noble thing and reported this prick to the old bill:

https://twitter.com/#!/@superalex707

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 00:00:46 »

Just done the noble thing and reported this prick to the old bill:

https://twitter.com/#!/@superalex707

What a delightful fellow  Roll Eyes