Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fabrice muamba  (Read 24775 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 13:37:30 »

You would be shocked at the amount of professional footballers who have died while playing, I know i was. probably well over 50 and and there have been over 10 in the last 5 years.

The most famous recently that has passed during a game is probably Marc Vivien Foe in 2003.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

Shouldn't laugh but someone from a team called 'invincible eleven' is on that list.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dozno9

« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 13:51:01 »

had it been racist abuse to an 'ordinary' fellow fuck all would have happen

Yep. I await the John Terry case with anticipation.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 15:38:37 »

Liam Stacey hs been jailed for 56 days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17515992

OTT punishment. Waste of time and money.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 15:40:53 by Batch » Logged
DRS

« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 16:04:20 »

Why? If you are found guilty of the same in the street you get the same.About time the little cunts started seeing you will get punished
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 16:31:09 »

Not always DRS

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/breaking-news/2012/02/27/sunderland-fan-given-suspended-jail-term-for-twitter-racist-abuse-72703-30417745/

I think a similar punishment would have done. Public humiliation, presumably disowned by university and a conviction. He was a vile scrote, no doubts, but is it really worth the time and effort of prison.

He's been made an example of.

If he'd been hounding the family directly, then in my opinion that is different.
Dozno9

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 18:11:07 »

I don't think it's that this is OTT I think it's a case of others being treated too leniently. If he verbally abused those people in the street in the same way as he wrote he would (should) go down and the fact that it was written makes no difference.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 18:17:39 »

Really, you think the gaols have enough room for every vile person that makes a racist or sick joke?

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 18:54:02 »

The prick should have been outcast not jailed
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 19:01:35 »

I don't think it's that this is OTT I think it's a case of others being treated too leniently. If he verbally abused those people in the street in the same way as he wrote he would (should) go down and the fact that it was written makes no difference.

Of course it's OTT. If we jailed every idiot who made nasty vile comments, and I say this as someone who experiences verbal abuse on a regular basis due to a wheelchair-bound wife, we would run out of prison spaces in 5 minutes flat.

And is prison really the right option? I can't speak for Fabrice but I would imagine, as an educated guess, that given he's 23, had a heart attack and nearly died that what some prick said on a Twitter account comes quite low down on his list of priorities. Why waste prison space?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 19:05:01 »

Regardless of the sentencing decision, the prick didn't think he'd done anything wrong. He will now.
Flashheart

« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 19:14:57 »

Regardless of the sentencing decision, the prick didn't think he'd done anything wrong. He will now.

Which makes me think perhaps it wasn't so OTT after all.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 19:19:37 by Flashheart » Logged
Dozno9

« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 19:16:20 »

Of course it's OTT. If we jailed every idiot who made nasty vile comments, and I say this as someone who experiences verbal abuse on a regular basis due to a wheelchair-bound wife, we would run out of prison spaces in 5 minutes flat.

And is prison really the right option? I can't speak for Fabrice but I would imagine, as an educated guess, that given he's 23, had a heart attack and nearly died that what some prick said on a Twitter account comes quite low down on his list of priorities. Why waste prison space?

Jails may have or may not have room and it's down to the courts to sentence accordingly and whether Muamba wants him put away is irrelevant the crime was reported by others not Muamba. The comments were deemed to be inciting racial hatred and that carries a custodial sentence which as a grown man he needs to realise.

He made different racist comments to a few people with time lag inbetween and attempted to pervert the course of justice by lying about his Twitter account being taken over. Pretty serious stuff.

He did a crime which carries the possibility of a custodial sentence and that's what he got if you think that racial hatred should not carry a custodial sentence than that's a different matter but the Police and the courts simply carried through on the law.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 19:23:33 »

Fair point, if he had actually taken some responsibility for what he said & apologised I'm sure he would have had a more lenient sentence.

My other half was in court today, and some bloke who was found guilty swore at the judge as he left court. The judge asked for his to be brought back down later & added another 28 days onto his sentence.   

Based on that 56 days doesn't necessarily seem quite so harsh.

Flashheart

« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 19:28:56 »

but did he actually say that?

I can't find it anywhere
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 19:41:10 »

Told people they need to learn how to take a joke, then tried to weasel out of it by claiming his account had been hacked.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: