Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Replacement Glass  (Read 1291 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 09:49:37 »

Dear TEF,

I need to replace a double glazed unit in my back door which has "misted". It's a thin unit that is set in wooden french doors and is approx 45cm x 45cm. I am planning to replace this myself but I'm not sure of the best place to buy this from. My web searches just lead to repair services etc. Anyone got any useful tips? Can I get these units in one of the big DIY places?

Ta x
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 09:57:50 »

Doctor Glass. 01793 854448.
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 12:10:49 »

Dear TEF,

I need to replace a double glazed unit in my back door which has "misted". It's a thin unit that is set in wooden french doors and is approx 45cm x 45cm. I am planning to replace this myself but I'm not sure of the best place to buy this from. My web searches just lead to repair services etc. Anyone got any useful tips? Can I get these units in one of the big DIY places?

Ta x

bet really ur one of the people from that bus on way back from oxford....got a top deck window to replace have ya? Wink
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 12:19:46 »

What is the thickness of the unit, i.e the depth from the front of the glass to the back. If you pm that size i will get you a price as i work for a double glazing firm. But you would be looking about £18-£24 depending if you want clear or obscure glass, whichever it is the unit would need to be toughened.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 12:34:55 »

When we had to replace a pane in one of our windows, we went to Roman Glass.  They should be able to give you a price over the phone.  I asdume you're in Swindon?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 12:53:32 »

Ta all. I'm in calne.  It's about 8-10 mm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: