Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley on the train  (Read 42553 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 06:38:19 »

905 from banbury sonique.

Stops at leamington before banbhry
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 07:03:14 »

Replacement bus from Banbury to Bicester.

ScillyRed

« Reply #242 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 09:08:40 »

I'm catching it at Wycombe - if I can remember how to drive on a proper road !
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 09:15:41 »

Same here.

I think this is also my plan.

Any one know of decent bars in Marlybone I'll be able to get some grub and a decent beer at 11 ish?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sw63

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 09:28:57 »

I'm catching it at Wycombe - if I can remember how to drive on a proper road !

Likewise - used this method for the Playoff final. Seemed to work pretty seemlessly. Ticket was only on £6 return and takes about 25mins to go straight into Wembley Stadium station.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 09:45:47 »

905 from banbury sonique.

Stops at leamington before banbhry
shit. might have to get this.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 10:37:12 »

8.30 from Manchester Picadilly to Euston for me. Few beers in Laaandaan Town, then quick bus to Marylebone and the train that I was on last time with me, my dad and about 500 Millwall fans. Twas nice.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 10:50:44 »

8.30 from Manchester Picadilly to Euston for me. Few beers in Laaandaan Town, then quick bus to Marylebone and the train that I was on last time with me, my dad and about 500 Millwall fans. Twas nice.

Could be wrong, but my best guess is that most Chesterfield fans will be arriving at St Pancras and then taking an overground train to Wembley Central from Euston...so will be less likely to use the Marylebone to Wembley Stadium route.  For that reason, I think I'll go via Marylebone as well.  Also means missing Paddington to Wembley Central on the Bakerloo line which will be rammed with our own fans.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #248 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 11:29:07 »

I think this is also my plan.

Any one know of decent bars in Marlybone I'll be able to get some grub and a decent beer at 11 ish?
I was thinking the same, either Marylebone or Waterloo around 10.30ish for me, a beer and a brekky would be nice.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 11:34:52 »

I know the area around Waterloo fairly well, but cannot immediately think of anywhere that would be good for breakfast...unless you want to walk down to The Cut.  I'm not sure what time places down there would open on a Sunday, though.  I'd be more inclined to head for Marylebone myself.  Businesses up there will know there's a game on at Wembley generating lots of passing trade.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #250 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 11:39:33 »

Marylebone it is then methinks, cheers Ardiles.

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 12:33:58 »

Could be wrong, but my best guess is that most Chesterfield fans will be arriving at St Pancras and then taking an overground train to Wembley Central from Euston...so will be less likely to use the Marylebone to Wembley Stadium route.  For that reason, I think I'll go via Marylebone as well.  Also means missing Paddington to Wembley Central on the Bakerloo line which will be rammed with our own fans.

From looking at the TFL site it appears the Bakerloo line is shut for work this weekend, and the part of it which that includes covers Wembley Central...that's if i read it right of course. So anyone planning on tubing on that line i would suggest checking that out in case i've got it wrong, or right...

I'll be coming from St Pancras, and i hope Ardiles is right and that their fans go via Euston so the tube isn't rammed, although after sharing a crammed tube full of Millwall fans last time, sharing with Chesterfield fans really doesn't bother me....

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 12:41:42 »

From looking at the TFL site it appears the Bakerloo line is shut for work this weekend, and the part of it which that includes covers Wembley Central...that's if i read it right of course. So anyone planning on tubing on that line i would suggest checking that out in case i've got it wrong, or right...

I'll be coming from St Pancras, and i hope Ardiles is right and that their fans go via Euston so the tube isn't rammed, although after sharing a crammed tube full of Millwall fans last time, sharing with Chesterfield fans really doesn't bother me....

That's a bit of a bastard as I wanted to go to Wembley central.

Edit... Trains terminate at Stonebridge park which is one stop away and a short walk. No problem unless you are unable to walk of course
« Last Edit: Monday, March 19, 2012, 12:45:30 by arriba » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 12:41:46 »

National Rail suggests the quickest route from Chesterfield on the train is via Birmingham New Street which goes straight into Wembley.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #254 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 12:49:16 »

Bakerloo line is indeed shut this weekend between Stonebridge Park and Harrow & Wealdstone covering Wembley Central.
Sunday 25 March, no service between Stonebridge Park and Harrow & Wealdstone. Replacement buses operate.

Service A: Harrow & Wealdstone - Kenton - Preston Road - North Wembley - Wembley Central - Stonebridge Park.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: