Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Egypt football  (Read 1484 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 20:20:06 »

70 fans dead after fights between two sets of fans

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/6/51/33468/Sports/Egyptian-Football/UPDATE--At-least--fans-die-in-football-clashes-in-.aspx

Al Ahly are the egyptian man utd aren't they? Nonetheless, awful scenes

Things get better but they never get good
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 20:21:51 »

Just saw that. Horrific scenes.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 21:12:59 »

Erm...they've just overthrown their government. This has about as much to do with football as Pearl Harbour...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 21:22:35 »

Erm...they've just overthrown their government. This has about as much to do with football as Pearl Harbour...

The attack on Pearl Harbour happened at a football match?

Must brush up on my history
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 21:30:25 »

The attack on Pearl Harbour happened at a football match?

Must brush up on my history

You have totally missed the point.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 23:16:24 »

Sad.........
dell returns

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 10:05:14 »

The goalkeeper didn't get through the tunnel in the pictures I've seen today, about eight of them hitting him, did he make it?

Policing levels were down at the games according to BBC, said this had something to do with the recent riots, can't understand that statement.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 10:09:54 »

After the riots last year they were trying to take a softly softly approach so they wouldn't stir up more trouble.....

Looks like that backfired in a big way !

Wise men say........
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 10:22:06 »

This is very much to do with football.

North African nations in general have very nawty sets of fans and the league matches are prone to big clashes. I think world cup qualifiers and African nation cups matches also often see violent clashes between different African nations. This is something that has been likely to happen for some time, regardless of any political unrest.

The difference here is that having few police around (wanting to keep a low profile) has meant it escalated into this tragedy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: