Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 70   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 194521 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 07:35:51 »

Having followed it without a team for 6 or 7 years, I went to the Broncos/Niners game at Wembley - to make it interesting, me and my mate picked teams for a little wager. He went Broncos, I got Niners... and that was that - I support the first team I saw live.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 07:52:27 »

The Giants are bombing hard at the moment! I'm interested to hear how the TEF NFL fanboys chose their team to support?
I lived in the Denver metro area for several years.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 08:05:11 »

Spent a year studying at Georgia Tech Uni in Atlanta, starting following the Falcons.

This season is crap
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #288 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 09:52:04 »

I love nfl as a neutral but want to support a team! Just waiting for that inspiration to jump out at me Smiley
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 11:48:49 »

I came to support Cowboys after choosing to buy a Cowboys jersey over a Redskins one in the old JJB at Greenbridge. Bought my brother in law a 'Boys jersey as well. Think it was one of the earlier closing down sales, paid £5 for the two. That really is it. Fell in love with the game a short while after.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 12:20:19 »

I love nfl as a neutral but want to support a team! Just waiting for that inspiration to jump out at me Smiley
Stay neutral! A pop round a friends house every now and again to watch games with a couple of other mates. One of them has no team but just likes to watch. Must admit, that when the Broncos aren't playing I do exactly the same and choose one of the two teams to align myself with.

We make the evenings fun by placing 20p bets on the next score (Home touchdown, away touchdown, home FG, away FG, home safety, away safety, home interception, away interception etc). I'm not a big gambler, but some of the lads bet on numbers (eg. number of the players shirt that scores next), which makes it interesting too!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
n hammonds teflon gloves

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 13:06:22 »

Started out just watching any game that was on and then saw Art Monk make a fantastic catch against the Giants back in 86.
Still watch whatever game is on.

The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 14:48:26 »

Started watching in 1982, as Channel 4 scheduled their programme against Songs of Praise and Highway. To an 8 year old, that worked. First show I saw, the Jets won and I liked their kit.

Good job I picked the Jets as NY is easier to sell as a holiday destination to the wife than Buffalo! 

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 15:38:05 »

I went to a Jets game when I went to NY last year, the stadium was impressive.

Bit of a glory supporter Im afraid, Ravens but only because of Ed Reed, and Madden 12. And because i won some money betting on Baltimore on the Superbowl
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 17:19:48 »

I first saw the Bengals on a 10 minute highlight clip (probably not even that long) on World Of Sport on ITV on a Saturday lunch time. I've no idea what the game was but I assume it must have been a play off game in '82 or even the Superbowl from that year when they lost to the 49ers.

I just loved the name the Cincinnati Bengals (and probably the tiger strip helmets as well :gay:) but didn't think any more about it until 85 when C4 started showing NFL games (you sure they were showing it in 82 donkey??) and my mates decided they were going to get into it so I did as well. The Bengals were the obvious team for me to support. Apart from staying up for a couple of Superbowls though, I can't really say it grabbed me. I just followed from a distance until I really started getting into it round about 01/02. This pretty much coincided with my 'falling out of love' with the Premier League. Thinking about it, beyond my undying love and obsession for STFC, I really only have a passing interest in football (soccer) these days. My interest in the NFL is far, far greater.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:07:32 »

When C4 first started showing the NFL in the 80's before the first game they broadcast a show "Max Boyce meets the Dallas Cowboys", so I decided to follow the Cowboys and have been doing so ever since.

Have been to Dallas twice to watch them play, both times in Texas Stadium.

We are going over again in a couple of weeks to watch the Boys play in Jerry-World for the first time Smiley
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:54:21 »

When I was a nipper, if I woke in the night I'd sneak downstairs and often my dad was up watching tv. Most times I'd be shipped back off to bed, but whenever the american football was on, I'd get to stay. No idea when the Jets became my team, they just kinda did. Not the worst start to the year so far, given how low my expectations for this season!

More of an ice hockey fan now though.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:07:59 »

I had a sports-fuelled few weeks in Boston about eight years ago and as a result of this I've been Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins and Pats ever since. I don't know what it's like now but going to the Gillette Stadium on a non-NFL day is a bit of a nightmare as the trains don't run direct when the Pats aren't playing. We went to see New England Revolution and it meant taking a train from Boston to Mansfield and then getting a family store to allow us to use their phone in order to call a taxi to get to Foxboro.

Forgive the pretentiousness but I've refrained from seeing NFL at Wembley as it's not going to be the same as the 'American fan experience' but I've been given a free ticket for the 49ers/Jaguars game later this month so I'll go to that.

Growing up, I liked the Dolphins because of Dan Marino... and Ace Ventura.

« Last Edit: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:11:44 by Costanza » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:17:06 »

Forgive the pretentiousness but I've refrained from seeing NFL at Wembley as it's not going to be the same as the 'American fan experience' but I've been given a free ticket for the 49ers/Jaguars game later this month so I'll go to that.
Don't ruin it for yourself. Feel free to pass it on to me.

I don't follow any team but kind of like Vikings for obvious reasons
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:33:12 »

The Giants are bombing hard at the moment! I'm interested to hear how the TEF NFL fanboys chose their team to support?

I'm very new all this.

2 guys I work with are into it and play for the Swindon Storm.
At work we were trying to find out why teams had their nicknames (lots of fan voted ones it seems) but Baltimore's nickname is due to Poe and the poem - which at least has some sort of link.

Anyway. This year I watched the Super Bowl and decided I'd adopt whoever won as my team.
Although I wanted the Ravens to win anyway due to said link.

Really starting to get into it now. Loved Peyton Mannings touch down the other night!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 70   Go Up
Print
Jump to: