Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 70   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 194400 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 08:55:16 »

I'm afraid I need to put Rattyman right.

The LA Raiders were originally the Oakland Raiders, and the Rams were form LA.

Therefore, you could argue that LA is spiritually he home of the Ram not the Raiders.

The Raiders always had a "Bad boy" following pretty much across the country, due to the pirate type logo, that was popular with gangs, and the fact that they were always a dirty team, and played up to that image.

I suppose it's a bit like someone from Swindon supporting Millwall because he thinks he will look "notorious"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 09:26:34 »

They were only in LA for 12 years since 1960.

The only NFL game I've been to is Raiders v Seahawks at the Coliseum. Raiders won 20-17. In your face Frasier Crane.

The Raiders Cheerleaders are also the only cheerleaders I have met. My signed calendar mysteriously went AWOL following a "spring clean" from the Mrs.

That concludes dull Batch-Raiders facts.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 10:27:55 »

Also, UK NFL fans have their own teams and have been following them for 20 years or more in many cases. There's people on here who support the Broncos, Jets, Patriots, Rams and mighty all conquering Bengals. How many people would actually drop their team to follow a London franchcise? Not many I suspect.
Also, UK NFL fans have their own teams and have been following them for 20 years or more in many cases. There's people on here who support the Broncos, Jets, Patriots, Rams and mighty all conquering Bengals. How many people would actually drop their team to follow a London franchcise? Not many I suspect.
[/quote]

Surely this is the point.  If they put an NFL franchise in London (the city of my birth) would I abandon the Jets?  No way.  How could I?  I've invested nearly 30 years in the team (became a fan in 1982).  The Jets are my team and will always be.

It'd be like being, say, a Northampton Town fan living in Milton Keynes, who abandons Nothampton because someone parachutes a team into Milton Keynes.  As if anyone would do that.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 10:48:41 »

It'd be like being, say, a Northampton Town fan living in Milton Keynes, who abandons Nothampton because someone parachutes a team into Milton Keynes.  As if anyone would do that.

Quite a few (fairly disgusted, I would imagine) Cobblers fans in MK, apparently.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 10:54:22 »

Quite a few (fairly disgusted, I would imagine) Cobblers fans in MK, apparently.

Precisely, and rightly so.  Disgusted at those who've abandoned their clubs to follow franchise.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 21:29:55 »

A rather even first half in the Pats v Ravens game.  I think the Pats will pull away in the second half though.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 21:34:12 »

I'd love a Ravens/Niners SuperBowl... and ultimately a Niners victory!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Spud

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 21:38:56 »

I've lumped on a Giants Superbowl victory and Eli Manning as MVP. COME ON GIANTS!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 21:41:02 »

I've lumped on a Giants Superbowl victory and Eli Manning as MVP. COME ON GIANTS!

I've lumped on the Giants tonight with a 3.5pt start ....... Hope Ladbrokes opens up early tomorrow!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 21:52:05 »

I'd love a Ravens/Niners SuperBowl... and ultimately a Niners victory!

Anyone but NE.  Almost anyone but the Giants.

But it's been a good game so far, enjoying it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 21:52:49 »

Surely this is the point.  If they put an NFL franchise in London (the city of my birth) would I abandon the Jets?  No way.  How could I?  I've invested nearly 30 years in the team (became a fan in 1982).  The Jets are my team and will always be.

It'd be like being, say, a Northampton Town fan living in Milton Keynes, who abandons Nothampton because someone parachutes a team into Milton Keynes.  As if anyone would do that.

In fairness though there must be quite few NFL fans over here who love the sport but don't support a particular team like me. I've got a soft spot for the Saints but only because I backed them at 33s to win the Superbowl two years ago and backed them again this year, therefore gutted to see them lose to the 49er in the way that they did. I've got no reason to support the Saints other than through my wallet, or any other team for that matter. If London had a competitive franchise then I could easily see myself getting involved.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 21:56:34 »

In fairness though there must be quite few NFL fans over here who love the sport but don't support a particular team like me. I've got a soft spot for the Saints but only because I backed them at 33s to win the Superbowl two years ago and backed them again this year, therefore gutted to see them lose to the 49er in the way that they did. I've got no reason to support the Saints other than through my wallet, or any other team for that matter. If London had a competitive franchise then I could easily see myself getting involved.
Yes, but not enough to be even close to making a London franchise viable.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 21:56:41 »

People like you are the key to this.  If there are enough, and you'll travel to London regularly, then they may have a goer.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 21:57:17 »

BTW another red zone stop for the Ravens...these 3s are not 7s...it could be crucial.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 23:14:03 »

Oh dear, taxi for the Raven's kicker.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 70   Go Up
Print
Jump to: