Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wigan - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 59596 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 07:38:16 »

Loved the bit where the commentator exclaimed "This is gorgeous football by Swindon Town!"

Too Cool
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 08:05:11 »

Loved the bit where the commentator exclaimed "This is gorgeous football by Swindon Town!"

Too Cool

It was though! It was quick one touch stuff that ended up with Murray's shot. Thought it looked even better/quicker live.

Nice complimentary punditry from ITV too.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #542 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 08:14:00 »

I would take a big tie (Big Pay Day) every time. We need this kind of financial input to help us achieve our ultimate aim....getting out of this shitty league. Without sounding like a Leeds fan, our brand of football is too good for League 2. We are not a rich club and we like most other clubs in the lower leagues, need the money!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 08:16:43 »

I would take a big tie (Big Pay Day) every time. We need this kind of financial input to help us achieve our ultimate aim....getting out of this shitty league. Without sounding like a Leeds fan, our brand of football is too good for League 2. We are not a rich club and we like most other clubs in the lower leagues, need the money!

Agreed, would also reward the players for what so far has been a pretty good season (though we haven't achieved anything...yet).

But I don't mind which round the payday comes. We can wait until the semi-final I guess Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 08:24:04 »

Well, regardless of who we get in the next round you have to savour every moment of days like yesterday.

Moments like when the famous Sports Report music came on yesterday on 5 Live and the very first words mentioned were 'Swindon Town'.

Now that is a moment to be savoured and enjoyed.

Beautiful Cool
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 08:28:48 »

Loved when Drury said we play football.way beyond L2 level.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 08:30:17 »

Well, regardless of who we get in the next round you have to savour every moment of days like yesterday.

Moments like when the famous Sports Report music came on yesterday on 5 Live and the very first words mentioned were 'Swindon Town'.

Ditto on the 10:30 ITV news last night, after they did all their "If you don't want to know the scores, turn away now" bollocks - the first name mentioned was Swindon. Great stuff!
phelpsieboy

« Reply #547 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 08:31:38 »

Will never ever tire from watching those highlights, think Drury has a bit of a soft spot for us now after punditry he gave us
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 08:45:29 »

Haven't yet had time this morning to read the overnight posts so if it's been linked already, I apologise.  But do take a look at the match report in this morning's Sunday Telegraph if you haven't already.  It's a belter.

Seeing the nationals devoting serious space in their pages to Swindon Town takes me right back to the early/mid 1990s.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 08:50:20 »

Haven't yet had time this morning to read the overnight posts so if it's been linked already, I apologise.  But do take a look at the match report in this morning's Sunday Telegraph if you haven't already.  It's a belter.

Seeing the nationals devoting serious space in their pages to Swindon Town takes me right back to the early/mid 1990s.
Yep Yes
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 08:51:59 »

Haven't yet had time this morning to read the overnight posts so if it's been linked already, I apologise.  But do take a look at the match report in this morning's Sunday Telegraph if you haven't already.  It's a belter.

Fantastic - great article, the opening paragraph was excellent :

“Paolo Di Canio!” the County Ground sang in full throated honour to the exultant strains of La donna è mobile and Swindon’s most unlikely idol raised his hands to the skies in almost Messianic pose.

Paolo also makes the front page of the Corriere dello Sport -

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/index.shtml?refresh_ce

"Di Canio, gioia incontenibile: che impresa con lo Swindon" ...apparently.

« Last Edit: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 09:17:07 by Arch Stanton » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 09:21:20 »

"Di Canio, gioia incontenibile: che impresa con lo Swindon" ...apparently.

"Di Canio, overwhelming joy, that company with the Swindon"

Google translate may not be perfect, but the sentiment is clear.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 09:21:21 »

Cant put my finger on what it is but I find the itv fa cup coverage far inferior to the bbc...they jsut dont seem to capture the spriti like the bbc used to....

anyway, another question for those int he TE...how did the bank sound, loud or paltry? Hard to hear when you are in it...
fatbasher

« Reply #553 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 09:38:54 »

Town unchanged.

Swindon Town: Foderingham; Caddis (Capt), Flint, McCormack, Kennedy; Ritchie, Ferry, Smith J, De Vita; Connell, Murray
Subs: Smith P (GK), Benson, Cibocchi, Devera, Gabilondo, Magera, Thompson L

Wigan Athletic: Al Habsi, Caldwell, Lopez, Boyce, Mustoe, Watson, McArthur, Thomas, Maloney, McManaman, Di Santo.

Subs: Pollitt, Moses, Sammon, Gomez, Redmond, Dicko, Gohouri.

They may have had Moses on the bench, but we have God in the Dugout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 09:48:43 »

Are the highlights online?

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: