Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wigan - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 60557 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 23:26:20 »

ok not miles but was clearly offside if it was the other way round we would be moaning about it

I'll worry about that when it does happen to us again.

Until then... It was clearly onside.
chubbslovesbeer

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 23:29:17 »

I'll worry about that when it does happen to us again.

Until then... It was clearly onside.
yep we will take it Cheesy
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 23:45:17 »

Yeah same here. I really wouldn't mind an easy tie, like Stevenage at home. Crawley would be very interesting.

Stevenage
Crawley
D&R/Millwall
Notts County
Nottingham Forest/Leicester
Brighton/Wrexham

All of those above would be very winnable ties.

I want one of the major powers away from home so we can get as much money as possible.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 23:51:14 »

Anyone else just see the highlights from the Reading game - massive areas of empty blue seating, if the fans can't be arsed they got what they deserved!

Run run run run Reading . . . ..
stfcinbmth

« Reply #529 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 00:00:36 »

One of Cox's was a cracker, loan deal perhaps Embarrassed
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 00:05:00 »

His second was a great strike, 20yds top corner.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 00:09:06 »

Luckily for Simon Cox, Giovanni Trapattoni selects him despite his lack of game time.

If I was in Cox's situation, Euro 2012 would be my focus right now.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 00:26:00 »

Hall of famers today, I heard/saw Parkin and Rowland who was the other one? It got a bit moisy when they were being announced.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 00:36:13 »

Just woke up after a heavy day...fucking ace!

Hopefully a few of the part timers will come back.

Roll on Barnet!

Clems Army!
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 00:53:57 »

I want one of the major powers away from home so we can get as much money as possible.

Aha. Here we go again. Are you a kid in your Twenties Costanza ? The money grabbing mentality of contemporary society. When the great Don lifted trophies in the League Cup, League Cup Winners Cup and Anglo-Italian Cup, it was done through effort and pride ; money didn't enter the equation. Next you'll be wanting us to be spending money to get into the Premier League, a bit like......ermmm....Wigan.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 01:09:24 »

Aha. Here we go again. Are you a kid in your Twenties Costanza ? The money grabbing mentality of contemporary society. When the great Don lifted trophies in the League Cup, League Cup Winners Cup and Anglo-Italian Cup, it was done through effort and pride ; money didn't enter the equation. Next you'll be wanting us to be spending money to get into the Premier League, a bit like......ermmm....Wigan.

I'll bite.

Why can't effort and pride and wanting Town to be financially sound go hand-in-hand?

This may come as a shock to you but the days of a small club like Swindon winning the F.A. or any Cup are slim. So let's make as much money as possible, right?

It's not as if a big day out did Exeter City any harm? Or Burton Albion? Was it? But I'm sure they would have preferred getting knocked out to Bournemouth & Boscombe or Hartlepools United or Workington Town instead of a trip to Old Trafford where they got significant gate receipts. I know Heaven forbid, right!

We're a team that needs money to sustain it's high profile manager and player budget. I've supported and contributed to the club during it's darkest days and won't apologise in any way, shape or form for wanting Swindon to get a pay day out of all this.

I hope you get what you want and we a get a cozy little cup tie against Stevenage... again.

Even children in their late-20's, like me, can patronise.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 01:12:36 by Costanza » Logged
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #536 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 01:13:06 »

Hall of Famers interviewed on BBC Wilts were Andy Rowland, Sam Burton and Arnold Darcy. The last 2 were genuinely proud to have been remembered for their efforts 50-odd years ago (AR still a ledg, but more recent). And that's why we support the Town, and why today's hero's will be remembered in 50 year's time whilst last season's wasters won't.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 03:51:21 »

I'll bite.

Why can't effort and pride and wanting Town to be financially sound go hand-in-hand?

This may come as a shock to you but the days of a small club like Swindon winning the F.A. or any Cup are slim. So let's make as much money as possible, right?

It's not as if a big day out did Exeter City any harm? Or Burton Albion? Was it? But I'm sure they would have preferred getting knocked out to Bournemouth & Boscombe or Hartlepools United or Workington Town instead of a trip to Old Trafford where they got significant gate receipts. I know Heaven forbid, right!

We're a team that needs money to sustain it's high profile manager and player budget. I've supported and contributed to the club during it's darkest days and won't apologise in any way, shape or form for wanting Swindon to get a pay day out of all this.

I hope you get what you want and we a get a cozy little cup tie against Stevenage... again.

Even children in their late-20's, like me, can patronise.

But you didnt mention effort and pride. Purely monetary and financial gain. Murdoch's children.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 06:06:00 »

If you had any pride and effort in your posting you'd be able to quote properly.

Old people and technology eh Roll Eyes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 07:36:31 »

By the way, though I should mention that the Connell "penalty" wasn't given because he was actually offside.

The lino didn't have the flag up long (fear of being lynched!) but the ref actually gave Connell offside - hence why no penalty.

Thought I should clear that up.

Looking at the ITV highlights it looks to me like he actually wasn't offside. When the ball is kicked by Ritchie there is a player up where the score is tha0 tlooks to be playing him on if the next closest player isn't.

But we get karma from Benson's goal anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: