Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Di Canio Out  (Read 6914 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 17:26:32 »

You can't rule them out. I'd say they're one of the better sides in this league too.

They look to be having one good half of a season, which means they'll be crap in the 2nd half. Champions by Christmas etc.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 17:34:27 »

It'll be interesting to see how crawley do after january as well.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 19:39:38 »

It'll be interesting to see how crawley do after january as well.

Maybe they'll get a visit from the FA/FL to check their accounts....

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 19:49:02 »

I can see Oxford sustaining a challenge.  I'm less sure about Southend and Crawley, who have less in the way of (sustainable) resources at their disposal.  Not terribly scientific...just a hunch.

All of which makes it even more important in my mind that we grab one of the top three slots.  If we don't, I'm almost certain we would get Oxford in the play off final at Wembley - which would be truly horrific.  Must avoid.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 19:51:11 by Ardiles » Logged
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:03:34 »

I can see Oxford sustaining a challenge.  I'm less sure about Southend and Crawley, who have less in the way of (sustainable) resources at their disposal.  Not terribly scientific...just a hunch.

All of which makes it even more important in my mind that we grab one of the top three slots.  If we don't, I'm almost certain we would get Oxford in the play off final at Wembley - which would be truly horrific.  Must avoid.

How much sweeter would it be if we beat the scum and went up at their expense, i would love it, would be nice to ram it down the throats of those inbred pikeys
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:08:00 »

Maybe.  But I would have to sedate myself for a week beforehand.  Play off finals are horrible.  I've seen two...and the only time I properly remember enjoying either of them was after David Elleray blew the final whistle in 1993.  The rest was a mix of gut-wrenching nerves and despondency.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:22:19 »

thats football at its best though, highs and lows and everything inbetween. if we win its an excuse to get pissed if we lose we get pissed then look forward to the next season that is reason why i love football
PocketScience

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:36:36 »

Oxford at Wembley would be the best game ever if we won, if we lost it would probably be the shittest! Not sure I'm ready for another playoff disappointment.

So as Ardiles says, we need to get a top 3 spot!

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:40:07 »

I'm not ready for another play off game, regardless of who it's against.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:45:13 »

I think that we won't get a playoff spot

we'll be in the top two  Yes
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 21:23:56 »

My prediction for us vs Pox in JPT area final is still on though...I know it's tin pot cup but any excuse to beat them, and over 2 legs is perfectly fine with me...Then a date vs DWs Sheff Utd @ Wembley...OH and we'll come top 3...STFC!

#VivaKenBarlow!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 21:47:52 »

I think that we won't get a playoff spot

we'll be in the top two  Yes
third will do!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 28, 2011, 10:48:00 »

i'd take automatic or play-offs. Would obviously prefer option A and think, having seen a lot of teams now we should be top three. Yet as horrifically nervous as finals are - charlton away two years ago in the semi was one of the greatest nights of all. Amazing - not the greatest game, but the despondency of thinking we were done followed by the elation of going to wembley was, well, just pretty good.

getting a semi just thinking about it.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 28, 2011, 10:57:05 »

i'd take automatic or play-offs. Would obviously prefer option A and think, having seen a lot of teams now we should be top three. Yet as horrifically nervous as finals are - charlton away two years ago in the semi was one of the greatest nights of all. Amazing - not the greatest game, but the despondency of thinking we were done followed by the elation of going to wembley was, well, just pretty good.

getting a semi just thinking about it.

A semi final ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, October 28, 2011, 10:59:34 »

The ecstasy of the result at The Valley (along with the same feeling immediately after the results in the Finals against Sunderland and Leicester) will stay with me for ever, as will the memories of the return drive down the M4 and into Swindon on both occasions.

The despondency after the result against Milwall will do likewise sadly.

Play Offs? Fuck No. Give me automatic promotion please so I don't have to suffer another promotion game at the soulless shit hole that is the New Wembley.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: