Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cup Time.  (Read 13269 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 15:05:26 »

Why not....it's a cup game. We're quite capable of beating Huddersfield.

Just my opinion.

We already know we have to make a change in the back 4 although if Rhodes is away that will be a big bonus for us.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 15:18:02 »

Whilst you should go into every game thinking you can win, the fact that the last 30+ league one teams to play them haven't managed to beat them might suggest that it will be tough.

For me, in the first two rounds you want home ties against teams you would expect to beat.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 15:37:49 »

It's going to be another 6-0 to us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 15:41:25 »

Whilst you should go into every game thinking you can win, the fact that the last 30+ league one teams to play them haven't managed to beat them might suggest that it will be tough.

For me, in the first two rounds you want home ties against teams you would expect to beat.

We've had enough of these lately....I'm thinking Boston, Barnet and Notts County that should tell you, we're not very good at dealing with these sort of games.  We tend to be better going in with nothing to lose, remember how we took out higher league Carlisle in 06....probably the last time we beat such a team.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 15:50:25 »

We've had enough of these lately....I'm thinking Boston, Barnet and Notts County that should tell you, we're not very good at dealing with these sort of games.  We tend to be better going in with nothing to lose, remember how we took out higher league Carlisle in 06....probably the last time we beat such a team.

....untill late august 2011.

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 16:01:29 »

....untill late august 2011.

I was thinking about the FA Cup...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 16:12:18 »

On a 'potential' plus point...Jordan Rhodes aka the goalmachine is likely to be away with Scotland on international duty that weekend...not saying 1 man makes a team, but every cloud has a silver lining...still think it's a shit draw though!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15511524.stm
And they may not have a manager with Clark linked to the Leicester job. When interviewed yesterday he didn't rule it out.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 16:12:31 »

Was expecting something a little more 'romantic'. Would of liked an away trip to a smaller club for once, but it will be a good test all the same for the squad.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 16:31:26 »

There must be a way of working this out, but I can't believe there can be many other clubs with such a lousy Cup (capital 'C' denoting the FA variety) pedigree as us in the 20 odd years I've been a fan.  Think of all the non-League sides that have gone past us and all those higher league clubs we haven't beaten.  Where are the famous victories we can point to?  Has to change at some point.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 16:41:46 »

I *think* Plymouth have a very poor cup record. Think they went years without winning a cup tie.

Anyway, what colour is Huddersfield away kit? Red per chance?

So we'll be at home playing in white and they'll be the away team playing in red.

Stupid.

Its as bad as Franchise in red and us in black at the CG on League Cup in which we wore white  anniversary day 

...Or the whole white at wembley bollocks.

At the end up of the day - this club has history and tradition and I don't like the thought of us whoring that out for a few extra quid
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 16:45:00 »

We've had enough of these lately....I'm thinking Boston, Barnet and Notts County that should tell you, we're not very good at dealing with these sort of games.  We tend to be better going in with nothing to lose, remember how we took out higher league Carlisle in 06....probably the last time we beat such a team.

You could have quoted Woking, Forest Green & Morecambe over the same period.

All cup games at home that we have won.

Just think that we would be more likely to beat Basingstoke than Huddersfield.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 16:51:21 »

On the brightside (?)...we aren't far from Wembley in the other cup competition we're still in  Cheesy

Beat The Dons, Beat whoever, Beat the Scum over 2 legs in the area final, and lets have Danny Wilsons Sheff Utd @ Wembley!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 17:00:44 »

There must be a way of working this out, but I can't believe there can be many other clubs with such a lousy Cup (capital 'C' denoting the FA variety) pedigree as us in the 20 odd years I've been a fan.  Think of all the non-League sides that have gone past us and all those higher league clubs we haven't beaten.  Where are the famous victories we can point to?  Has to change at some point.

Certainly since 95/96, when we got to the 5th round on the back of a nice run of home ties, we've been terrible in the Cup.

At the start of the 00's, there was a nice historic stat, on the all time % of FA Cup games won, we were in the top ten. Having had a very decent history for a lower league side going back to the days of the Southern League. I  was brought up on big sides being a bit fearful of a trip to the CG, and being happy with a replay.

Posh, although we got past Morecambe and Forest Green, we rode our luck in both of those. I'd just rather not play any half decent Conference/ Conference N or S....I've had enough losing to non league sides to last me for another 10 or so years.
Coca Fola

« Reply #88 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 22:32:44 »

At least it's not away.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 23:01:00 »

Although they should beat us I don't see them coming to us being over confident as its a tricky game for them too. Its not a bad draw for us really as would hate to go out to a non league side which would set us back confidence wise.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: